We’ll keep this post updated with changes to the 2020 WAG ALP as they come clear.
New routines will be released for levels 3 and 6 on floor and beam. The old routines can still be used however the order of skills will change.
Gymnastics Australia have released the info here: https://www.gymnastics.org.au/GA/Gymsports/Womens_Artistic_Gymnastics/Competitive_Framework_and_Programs/Shared_Content/Gymsports/WAG/WAG_Programs.aspx
- Level 3: Leap Drill Added to Floor x 2 (once on each leg) not connected – can have steps/run in between.
- Level 3: 2 Backward Roll Series (tucked) – hands turned in. Small Kick out in backward rolls ok.
- Routine on a single strip only.
- Level 3: Cartwheel Series is to Step in.
- Level 3: Must attempt kick in bridge kick over
- Level 3: Can move foot to prepare for kick over from bridge. – Must show straight leg bridge prior to prep for kick over
- Level 4: Routines to be up and down on a single strip only.
- Level 4: Split Requirement to 135 degrees (Jumps, Leaps and Walkovers)
- Level 4: Backward roll with straight arms to support – hands turned in
- Level 4: Roundoff is from 2 foot Standing Hurdle
- Level 4 – rebound (from roundoff and from handspring) is allowed to have 3 steps out to ensure roundoff is correct – long and low
- Level 5: Split Requirement to 180 – Leaps, Jumps, and Walkovers.
- Level 5: Can do tock, fwd or bwd walkover
- Level 5: Can change Sissonne for Straddle Jump or Straddle Pike Jump.
- Level 5: Can add handspring front salto
- Level 6: Jump 1/2 Turn Series now includes and additional ump 1/2 turn. – Jump 1/2 + Straddle or Straddle Pike Option (in addition to Split) + Jump 1/2.
- Level 6: Can add Aerial (1 step) in place of walkover. Step example: Step Right, Aerial from left – no hurdle or hop.
- Level 6: Can add front layout in place of Salto
- Level 6: No optional routines for Level 6 beam and floor from 2020 onward. Compulsory only with a second floor routine being included. Artistry deductions will be a global 0.1, 0.3, 0.5 taken for the compulsory routines, not taken throughout the routine.
- All bars routines compulsory for coach to stand under the bar set. Additional mat at bars will be compulsory unless the athlete is tall enough to hit it while they swing.
- Level 3+ requirement is now be cast to Horizontal
- Level 3: No Swing Height Requirement.
- Level 4 Will have 2 x Cast to Horizontal
- Level 6 Will be Cast to 45 above horizontal (no straddle) for kip cast, above horizontal for Long kip Cast and no height requirement for squat on or pike on prior to bar change.
- Level 6 can have an additional Long Swing before Dismount (fly away)
- Level 3: Single Leg Hop added – front leg at 45
- Level 3: Turn Prep Drill + releve half. (releve, side passe, forward passe, lower, step to releve, relevel 1/2, hold)
- Level 4: Split Jump (135) followed by 2 x Straight Jump Series. The Split Jump does not need to be connected to the straight jumps.
- Level 4: Split Requirement to 135 degrees
- Level 4: 1/2 Turn on one foot followed by a 1/2 Turn in Releve + Hold.
- Level 4: Handstand is to Step in
- Level 5: Beam Split to 135 degrees
- Level 5: Handstand to Step in
- Level 6: Can add either Tuck or Wolf Jump in Split (180 degrees) Jump Series
- Level 6: Handstand Hold – 2 seconds.
- Level 6: No Optional Routines
- Height lifted 5cm for level 5+ Yet to see if QLD follow this.
- Mat Height for Level 5 to be 110 by default. (120 is an option) Gym Aus Regs.
Other Judging Comments
- Choreography now deducted as overall from routine as 0.1, 0.3, 0.5
- Skill Posture now deducted as 0.1, 0.3, 0.5 from each skill. Includes split, shape, knees, feet, leg height, posture.
You can find our WAG Routine Resources here.