Acro Foundations and Gym Skills
North West Gymnastics Flips and Tricks – Foundations class introduces acrobatic foundations, beginner tumbling and intermediate gym skills utilising all gym equipment to develop strength requirements and for a bit of fun aerial silks, beam, bars, trampoline, rings and parallel bars.
Open for both Girls and Boys.
It targets the teaching of correct technique for acrobatic skills including Aerials, Walkovers, Cartwheels, Handsprings as well as partner and group balances and performance.
Perfect for Dancers wanting to improve strength and technique in acrobatic skills.
The intended Age Range is 7 years + however may vary depending on any prior experience.
This is a recreational class for children with intermediate gymnastics skills and experience and dance students. It is a non-competitive class that builds on foundation skills and is a great standalone class but is also complimentary to the competitive WAG Level 1-3 pathway.
This class is open to, children with a background in dance or Level 1 – 3 gymnasts (foundations and intermediate) with adequate conditioning preparation to learn Acro skills including Aerials Cartwheels and handsprings and advance on the current Level 1 and Level 2 beam, bars and floor skills.
Our specialty is on the techniques of skill execution and appropriate physical preparation to ensure that skills can be performed safely and for many years to come.
Complimentary for any Acro program, Dance program or for Competitive Gymnastics.
Classes run Monday Afternoons from 5:30-6:40pm and Saturday 11:30-12:40pm and 1:00-2:20pm.
Our Flips and Tricks – Foundations Classes cost around $25 per class on an ongoing basis. Class attendance can be cancelled at any time with 2 weeks prior notice.
Annual Student Membership applies at a cost of $70 per year.
What to Wear and Bring
Gymnasts should wear comfortable, close fitting clothing during classes as listed below.
- Girls: Any leotard, crop or singlet and sports shorts or tights.
- Boys: T-Shirt (not loose fitting) and shorts or skins/bike pants.
- For safety reasons students should not wear clothing with denim, hoods, buttons, zips or belts.
- Rings, Anklets, Necklaces, Watches (or similar) or any loose jewellery are not permitted in class as these pose a hazard to the participants and equipment. (medical bracelets accepted)
- Please bring a water bottle
Other Acro and Tumbling class options:
- Flips and Tricks – Intermediate (Intermediate Acro, Tumbling and Aerials) for both boys and girls 9 years and up is similar to our Acro Foundations and Gym Skills class however focuses on Floor Skills and Aerial Silks.
- Flips and Tricks – Tramp Ninja and Tumbling (TNT) for both girls and boys 8 years and up with a focus on Trampoline and Precision Jumping.
You can learn more about Acro Gymnastics here.
Enrolments are Essential. Enrol today via our Parent Portal
#nwgacro, #mountisaacro, #mountisaacrobatics #nwggymskills #nwgacrofoundations #nwgmountisa, #flipsandtricks
For enrolments and class bookings please see our Parent Portal.
Birtday Parties can still be requested via our Website