North West Gymnastics 2018 Term 2 Classes Commence on the 16th April 2018 and run through to the 30th June.
You can find all the details on our Timetable and Calendar page.
Term 2 features this year as our Competition season and as such we’ve done our best to make our levels classes as dedicated to the specific levels training.
Yes we have had to make some time and day changes for certain classes to do this but we feel that these are essential if our athletes are to perform well.
We are maintaining all of our Recreational classes from Term 1 with some minor adjustments that we hope improve these too!
- Acro and Intermediate Gym Skills continues on a Friday Afternoon,
- Activebods Saturday Class continues with a Gym Skills program.
- Our Under 5’s Programs including Early Movers, Jungle Gym and Early Learners are back, bigger and better than ever.
- Dedicated WAG Levels Classes allowing us to focus on the specific Choreography and Routines as we get closer to competitions.
- Our MAG program continues with preparation of Routines for Competition. New Routines for 2018!!
- Maintaining our Friday Foundations Class for Pre3 – Level 5 and any Professional Dancers. These classes have been a huge hit in Term 1. We’ve also added an extension to Friday’s Foundations Class specifically for our Level 5 Girls to work on their additional skills.
- Our Women’s Acro and Tumbling Class is Moving to Tuesday and is extended to 1.75 hours as we work towards our Goal of forming a competitive Acro team here in Mount Isa.
- Adults Gymnastics is also extended on Tuesday’s to run from 6:45pm-8:30pm
- Our Teen Boys Tumbling and Tramp class continues on a Monday Night.
Special Class Dates in Term 2
The following classes are excluded from term 2 classes;
- Term 2 2018 kicks off on Monday the 16th April and runs to Saturday the 30th June.
- Wednesday 25th April – NWG Closed for ANZAC Day.
- Monday 7th May – NWG Closed for May Day Holiday.
- Friday 8th-11th June – NWG Closed for Townsville Winter Challenge Competition.
- Friday 22nd June – Sunday 24th June – NWG Closed for Hughenden Competition.
- Saturday the 30th June. Last Day of Term 2. Classes Running.
Key 2018 Competitions
- 9th-10th June: Townsville Winter Cup – WAG and MAG Level 1-10 (incl Pre-3)
- 23th-24th June: Hughenden Competition – WAG and MAG Levels 1-6
- 25th-26th August: Junior Regionals – Mackay – WAG and MAG Levels 1-6 (Incl Pre-3)
- 8th-9th September: Leichhardt Competition WAG and MAG Levels 1-6
- 22nd-25th September: Junior State Championships Brisbane – Must Qualify and Attend Regionals in Mackay
- 24th-25th November: Tropical Townsville: WAG and MAG Levels 1-10 (Incl Pre-3)
For more info on our Competitions keep an eye on our Competition Season page for updates and uniform orders.
You can enrol in classes online via our Class Enrolment page.
You can find full details on our programs, classes and pathways here on Our Classes page
A summary of our Term Class Dates, Timetable and Calendar can be found here.