You can find our Comprehensive Club Handbook here however to help we’ve compiled a list of Frequently Asked Questions below.
When Should I Arrive?
- You should aim to arrive 10 minutes before the class start time.
- Do I need to arrive on Time for Early Movers: Yes
- Parents need to escort children under the age of 10 into and collect them from the gym. Children are to remain inside the venue until collected.
What should I wear?
- Tight fitting clothing
- No loose jewelry! (necklaces, anklets, watches). No Rings – as these will destroy our bars!
- Jeans are Not OK. Skirts and Dresses are Not OK
- Bike Pants, Bummers, Shorts, Singlets, Leotards are ideal.
- Girls Competitive Gymnasts should be in Leotards and Bummers and Boys in Singlet and Shorts.
Can I Trial a Class?
- We do offer Trial Classes for Term Based Classes where we have space in classes to accommodate such.
- You are welcome to attend our Casual Classes ( Adults Gym, Mini Movers, Jungle Gym, Strength and Flexibility, Aerials and Tumbling ) as a one off to try them at the normal casual cost of the class.
- Term Trial Classes or your first attendance at a Casual Class do not require membership. Subsequent attendance does however require Annual Student Membership.
- Why is there a $20 charge for Trial Classes? This is unfortunately required to dissuade families who request trial classes and then don’t attend as this restricts our ability to offer genuine participants trials and takes time to arrange. This $20 is fully refundable if you attend regardless if you take the class or not.
- Requesting a trial class doesn’t reserve you a place in the class.
Do I need to pay membership?
- Yes – All kids or participants in the gym need to have paid their Student Membership. (Parents of Kids in our Parent Participation Jungle Gym or Mini Movers Classes are the only exception)
- We do allow attendance at a Trial Class or your First Casual Class ahead of arranging membership.
- From 2020 Membership is valid for 12 months from the Start of the Term in which you join to give those joining us late in the year better value.
What about Fees?
- Fees need to be paid ahead of attending classes please. Fees consist of Annual Student Membership for everyone and either Term fees (paid ahead) or Casual fees (as you come) depending on the type of class you participate in.
- If you have not paid your Annual Student Membership or your class fees unfortunately you will not be welcome to participate.
- For term classes we will send you an invoice by email. This invoice contains the class name and the days we are closed.
What time do Classes Start?
- We do our best to keep class times the same between terms however from time to time there are some changes. You can find out Latest Class Timetable and Calendar here.
- You should aim to arrive 10 minutes before the class start time.
What happens if I arrive late?
- If you are late to class a Parent or Guardian must accompany you to talk with a coach or admin. If you are late and “drop and run” your kids will not be welcomed to participate.
- Not only do late arrivals disrupt the class but the kids miss fundamental warmup activities which may expose them to risk of injury.
- Your Coach may not allow you to participate if you are not on time for you class.
What is your Committee NWG Mount Isa Inc?
- North West Gymnastics is Supported by a Not for Profit Committee dedicated to improving the standard of gymnastics for members.
- Our Committee also works to raise funds for assets which remain under committee ownership and raise fund for families towards competition travel, attendance and coach development. We meet most months and have an annual general meeting. We welcome you to join our committee to help support and build our amazing sport.
- Our committee supports all members – recreational and competitive.
- Learn more about our committee NWG Mount Isa Inc. here
Why were you closed?
- We are normally closed on Public Holidays and from time to time will travel to Gymnastics Competitions. Our Annual Calendar is updated for closures at the start of each term and Invoices account for and note these closure dates. Please read them.
- It is a great idea to follow us on Facebook for Reminders.
How do I enrol?
- Follow our Guide on How to Sign up for Gymnastics Classes.
- We will Automatically roll your Enrolment over for the next term unless you advise us otherwise. We require at least 2 weeks notice for any change of classes or days.
How do I pull out of classes?
- Please give us as much notice as you possibly can with a minimum of 2 weeks. We reserve spaces in classes and waitlist based on enrolments so failing to advise us is a cost to the club as your child is occupying a place in the class that could otherwise be filled.
- If you wish to pull out of classes please simply email us at least 2 weeks ahead of ceasing participation. If ceasing during a term we may charge a $20 administration fee. We hate to see students leave so we’ll likely ask you why you are cancelling.
- Please note your child will be Automatically re-enrolled in the same class for the following term unless you have advised us otherwise with the required notice.
What do I do if my Child Can’t make a class?
- Please tell us as soon as possible ahead of time if you are going to be away or your child is sick as we may be able to place a child wanting a makeup or trial class in that place.
Can I get a makeup class?
- We do love to offer makeup classes however these are on a first in basis and limited to 2 per term if and when space is available. These are not guaranteed and do not carry over between Terms.
- As class numbers are capped we rely on parents to advise us at least 24 hours prior when kids can’t make gym so we can offer these places for makeups.
- If you don’t tell us at least 24 hours ahead of ahead of time that your child won’t be able to make their class, a makeup may not be offered as this will have impacted our ability to offer other kids makeup options.
Where can I learn about the benefits of Gymnastics?
- We have a heap of resources here: The Benefits of Gymnastics
Do you offer Casual Attendance Classes?
- We sure do, the following classes can be attended with no term commitment:
- Discounted Class Passes can be purchased for these giving you the 11th class free!
What do classes cost?
- Class costs can be found on Our Classes page. Nominally classes are around $20 per hour (or part thereof for shorter classes).
- For students attending multiple classes, class costs reduce as classes increase.
- Jungle Gym (0-4 years) is $7 per class
- Mini Movers (18 months to 4 years) is $10 per class
- For our Casual Attendance Classes, 10 Class Passes can be purchased which give you the 11th class free.
- NWG offers Family Discounts for multiple students in one family attending term classes.
How Many Classes should my child attend?
- Class Attendance normally matches the level: For Level 1/Beginners: 1 Class per week, For Level 2/Foundations: 1-2 Classes per week, For Level 2 Intermediate: 2-3 Classes per week, For Level 3: 3 Classes, for Level 4: 4 Classes and Level 5 and Up: 5 Classes.
- Progress will vary depending on the level of commitment, behaviour, focus, genetics and so forth. These are guides only. Appropriate conditioning (Strength and Flexibility) is key to progress – this is why we offer dedicated Strength and Flexibility Classes.
#nwgmountisa #nwgfaq Frequently Asked Questions