Someday she will perform her final cartwheel, back tuck or giant swing.
There will be no more achievement ribbons to earn, compulsories or optional routines.
No coaches wrangling kids into classes, and no judges in blue handing out scores.
And the leotards will be tucked into storage or passed on to former team members.
Someday, for all kids who do the sport, gymnastics will come to an end. For some it may be after a few months, others after years and still others will only put down the grips when college is over or even beyond.
But this I guarantee: at some point everyone who does gymnastics retires.
So, while I am committed to making sure all the kids in my programs get awesome instruction and have a wonderful gymnastics experience, I am even more committed to ensuring that they take with them life lessons that will serve them far beyond the years that they spent in the gym.
After all, if all goes, as it should, a person should spend significantly more time in the post-gymnastics phase of life.
Gymnastics carries young people forward with a number of skills that aid in making them a successful adult. Here are some of them:
- Resiliency. You learn the art of resiliency, falling down and getting up over and over again, literally and figuratively. Being passed over for a promotion is disappointing, but so was seeing your best friend get moved up a level ahead of you. You survived that and you will survive this. It won’t cause you to quit, it will cause you to double down and work that much harder.
Sorry, our Casual Classes are on hold due to Covid-19 Management.
We are offering a number of these on a Term Basis however in the interim.
Did you know that North West Gymnastics offer a number of Casual Attendance Classes?
These classes can be attended on a pay as you go basis or on a class pass giving you the 11th class free.
All participants in our casual classes do require Annual Membership.
You can find a full overview of Our Classes and our Timetable and Calendar at these links.
Follow our guide on How to Sign Up for Gymnastics Classes here.
What a way to start the year with our Competition Winners 🤩
🥁🥁 Drum Roll Please 🥁🥁
The Winner of our Unlimited Jungle Gym or Mini Movers Classes for Term 1 2020 is…..
✨✨ Natasha Lee Horwood ✨✨
The Winner of our Club Welcome Pack including Training Leotard, 2020 Membership, Backpack and Drink Bottle is…..
✨✨ Gail Wickham ✨✨
Thank you to all those who entered and keep an eye out for some amazing competitions heading into our Opening Event on the 25th and 26th of January 💕💕
#nwgmountisa #northwestgymnastics #nwgcompetition
💜💜 It’s Competition Time 💜💜
Win an NWG welcome pack including: 2020 Membership, Backpack, Polo (boys) or Training Leo (girls) and water bottle ✨✨
1. Love ❤️❤️ and Share our 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎 𝐄𝐧𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐏𝐨𝐬𝐭 on Facebook or Instagram making sure we can see it (public on Facebook).
North West Gymnastics Participation Waiver.
By participating in classes you agree to the following terms:
- Participation in the activities offered by North West Gymnastics and other providers within our venue at 13-15 Flower Street Mount Isa (‘the Recreational Activities’) supplied by North West Gymnastics or others (‘Service Provider’) involves significant risks, including the risk of personal injury and death. Particular risks include, but are not limited to sprains, strains, broken bones, permanent paralysis or death.
- Before you participate in the Recreational Activities, you should ensure that you are aware of, and properly understand, all of the risks involved in the Recreational Activities, and that those risks will include any particular risks associated with any health condition or pre-existing disability from which you suffer.
- By agreeing to these terms or by participating in classes, you acknowledge, agree and understand that you engage or participate in the Recreational Activities voluntarily and at your own risk in full knowledge of the Risks generally and Particular risks described above.
- By agreeing to these terms or by your dependants participating in classes, as a parent, guardian or responsible person performing parenting responsibilities, you acknowledge and agree that you have explained to the participant that the Recreational Activities provided by the Service Provider may involve risks generally; and the Particular risks described above.
- By agreeing to these terms or by participating in classes, you also acknowledge, agree and understand that the risk warning above constitutes a formal ‘risk warning’ for the purposes of the relevant legislation, including for the purpose of Section 13 – 19 of the Civil Liability Act 2003 (QLD).
- Section 139A of Competition and Consumer Act, 2010 (Cth) permits the Service Provider of the Recreational Activities and associated services to ask you to agree that the statutory guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law(Cth) do not apply to you (or a person for whom or on whose behalf you are acquiring the services to engage in the Recreational Activities).
- By agreeing to these terms or by participating in classes, you acknowledge, agree and understand that, to the full extent permitted by law (including section 139A of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)):
7.1. Your rights (or the rights of a person for whom or on whose behalf you are acquiring the services) to sue the Service Provider, its servant and agents, in relation to the Recreational Activities if the Recreational Activities or associated services were not provided to you in accordance with any express or implied warranty or guarantee that the services will be provided with reasonable care and skill, are excluded, restricted or modified as set out below; and
7.2. You (or the person for whom or on whose behalf you are acquiring the services) release the Service Provider, its servant and agents, from all liability for a failure to comply with any express or implied warranty or guarantee that the services will be provided with reasonable care and skill.
- By agreeing to these terms or by participating in classes, you acknowledge, agree and understand that, to the full extent permitted by law, the liability of the Service Provider in relation to recreational services and activities (as that term is defined in the Australian Consumer Law (Cth) and any similar state laws) for any:
8.2. physical or mental injury (including the aggravation, acceleration or recurrence of such an injury);
8.3. the contraction, aggravation or acceleration of a disease;
8.4. the coming into existence, the aggravation, acceleration or recurrence of any other condition, circumstance, occurrence, activity, form of behaviour, course of conduct or state of affairs:
(i) that is or may be harmful or disadvantageous to you or the community;
(ii) that may result in harm or disadvantage to you or the community;
(iii) that may be suffered by you (or a person for whom or on whose behalf you are acquiring the services) resulting from the supply of recreational services or recreational activities is excluded.
- By agreeing to these terms or by participating in classes, to the full extent permitted by law, you (or the person for whom or on whose behalf you are acquiring the services) agree to waive and/or release the Service Provider, its servants and agents, from any claim, right or cause of action which you or your heirs, successors, executors, administrators, agents and assigns might otherwise have against the Service Provider, its servant and agents, for or arising out of your death or physical or mental injury, disease, loss and damage, or economic loss of any description whatsoever which you may suffer or sustain in the course of or consequential upon or incidental to your participation in the Recreational Activities, whether caused by the negligence of the Service Provider, its servant and agents, or otherwise.
- By agreeing to these terms or by participating in classes, you acknowledge, agree and understand that:
10.1. The Service Provider will permit you to participate in the Recreational Activities, and provide you with the associated services, in part in consideration of you participating in classes
10.2. The Service Provider may rely on this document in any proceedings commenced in any Court by me or by my heirs, executors and assigns;
10.3. The laws of Queensland govern this document.
- You do not have to agree to exclude, restrict or modify or waive your rights against, or release, the Service Provider, its servants and agents, from any claims by accepting these terms, however the Service Provider may refuse to allow you to participate in the Recreational Activities, or to provide you with the associated services, if you do not agree to exclude, restrict, modify or waive your rights against, or release, the Service Provider, its servants and agents, by accepting these terms. Even if you accept the terms outlined, you may still have further legal rights. Should you not agree to these these terms you must notify North West Gymnastics in writing prior to participation in the Recreational Activities.
- By agreeing to these terms or by participating in classes and whether your use of the facility and it’s services is determined and paid on an annual, monthly, term program, weekly or casual basis you agree that the waivers and releases contained in this document apply for every visit you make to the Service Provider until such time as you withdraw or modify your consent in writing.
- I give permission for my child to receive medical/ambulance assistance in case of injury or emergency and agree to pay such costs incurred.
- I have read and understood the Club Handbook and Policies and agree to the rules, terms and conditions stated therein.
We are excited for 2020 and have been overwhelmed with new members!
With Acrobatics, Gymnastics, Aerials, Tumbling, Ninja and more!
We are super excited for 2020 and can’t wait to see you back in 2020 with our new gymnastics space!!
In an attempt to cater for so many new students we’ve significantly increased our class options for boys and girls in the beginners and foundations classes.
Some Handy Links to get you started.
Follow our Guide on How to Sign up for Gymnastics Classes here,
You can find an Overview of Our Classes here,
You can find our Class Timetable and Calendar here.
Special Class Dates in Term 1 2020
- Term 1 Commences on Friday the 31st January for all classes.
- For the Week 28th January to the 30th January only Jungle Gym, Mini Movers, Early Learners and Classes that start after 5pm are running.
We will be Closed:
- 29th Feb – 1st March.
- 14th-15th March: Some Classes not Running including Saturday Level 3/4, Saturday Level 5/7, Sunday WAG Snr Squad.
- Term 1 Finishes on Sunday the 5th April
#nwg2020 #nwgmountisa #northwestgymnastics #mountisa #mountisagymnastics #mountisaacrobatics
North West Gymnastics Holiday Program Information
Our December 2019 – January 2020 Holiday Classes are Now Open!
2019 Term 4 Enrolments are still Open. Follow our guide on how to sign up for gymnastics classes here.
You can put your name down here to Waitlist for 2020 classes. This is a no obligation way to register your interest prior to our class enrolment opening. We will then contact you once enrolments open to new members.
Holiday programs and classes are a great way to trial our classes and see what we offer.
With something for EVERYONE!! Jungle Gym, NINJA Fun, Early Learners, Acro Classes, Tumbling, Adults and Competitive Boys and Girls Classes. Read more “2019-2020 Holiday Gymnastics”
Current and New Members can put their name down for Term 2 and 3 classes here. This will help us to schedule sufficient classes to suit.
Please make sure you advise us the day for your class in the Additional Comments.
We are excited to share our preliminary 2020 Term 1 Class Timetable and Calendar.
Class Enrolments will be opening soon! Classes are subject to change as we work through re-enrolment of members.
You can find details on Our Classes here.
For existing Term 4 members please let us know if you wish to change classes via email or messenger or alternatively reply to our class confirmation email that you will receive before the end of November.
New members can register their no commitment interest via our Class Waitlist form here.
Just a quick update on what is happening at North West Gymnastics and some handy links:
⭐️⭐️ We are excited to be developing the bottom shed into a New Gymnastics Space.
- Our aim is to have this Open by 2020 for classes. With the gear now on the road, over the coming 2 months there will be a heap of working bees which we’ll post on Facebook and our Website to continue the build, construct the floor, install the new Bar sets and the like. Watch this space for more info. We appreciate all the support already to this amazing development!
- We are excited to have NovoActive on board with the expansion of our Gym. 2020 will bring a whole new range of options for all students with the flexibility to run recreational classes after 5pm during the week and additional classes on weekends 💕💕
- Not only that but being able to host state quality WAG Competitions here in Mount Isa ✨✨ With 2 additional bar sets, a massive sprung floor, a 4 beam competition padded area and full vault run! Oh this floor is going to be amazing for Gymnasts, Acrobats and Tumblers alike 🤸♀️🤸♀️ We are super excited for what this means for our sport in the region and can’t wait to share it with you!
⭐️⭐️ We are off to Townsville for competition and our Gymnastics Queensland Regional Forum (where we set the dates for competitions and training for 2020) from Friday the 8th to Tuesday the 12th of November. NWG will be closed for all classes as planned on these dates with classes resuming as normal on Wednesday the 13th November. Read more “November 2019 Update”
Our Christmas Cash Raffle is now complete.
Congratulations to our Winners, David Williams taking home the $2000 cash and Todd Brown the second prize of $500.
Thanks to everyone for you support!
Buy a Ticket in our 2019 NWG Christmas Cash Raffle and You Could WIN $2000.
All Funds Raised go to our Not for Profit committee to improve the Parents Seating Area and Bathrooms!!
Tickets $10 at the Gym or $10.50 online.
For Convenience, you can buy one or more here and we’ll fill in the details and enter you in the draw. Read more “Christmas Cash Raffle”
Acro Flight for Dancers is a class designed to progress Acrobatic Flight Skills, Hand Support Skills with the inclusion of Aerial silks.
For advanced dancers wishing to perfect or progress specific goals.
Skills include Flicks (or back handsprings), Walkovers (variety), Aerials and Cartwheels (variety), Leaps and Leap development.
Classes running on a Casual attendance basis Tuesday Nights 7:15-8:30pm
💥Friday Funday💥 is back for Term 4 💕
Dance and Gymnastics $10 for 1.5 hours of fun for you and your little one ✨
2-4 years Boys and Girls. 9:30-11:00am Friday’s 👏🏻
For Term 4 new members at North West Gymnastics get 50% off annual membership!
Come on down and talk with us or enrol online. Follow our guide on How to Sign Up for Gymnastics Classes.
What an Amazing couple of days. To see our Superstars in Competition across all levels, both Girls and Boys.
Overall 30 North West Gymnastics Athletes competed.
For some of our Girls it was their first competition and these kids did sooo well. Amazing behaviour and Focus!!
Our massive group of Level 3’s made us proud. Some of these kids new to the level with only 5 weeks to prepare.
In Level 4 we saw some amazing performances with Niah smashing the Qualification Score for State Championships.
In Level 5 we had 2 new competitors Indy and Jas who delivered on the day. Some small hiccups on a wobbly beam but they soldiered on delivering their best across Bars, Floor and Vault. Mads took out 1st place for the Level 5 Open Competition.
In Level 6 Abi took 1st place with an ever improving floor routine.
On the Sunday our Boys tried their hand at new Levels.
In Level 2 with Darcy and Eli delivering some amazing work both achieving a place on the apparatus.
In Level 3 Jaxon pulled off some firsts on Bars and Personal Bests all around taking out 1st Place.
Our Ninja Foundations program is not only a great pathway into Gymnastics but also just a heap of fun. With 2 Class Options open to Boys and Girls from 4-6 years or 6-8 years.
We know the energy these kids need to burn off and what it can take to keep them engaged so we’ve packed our classes with loads of fun including:
- Precision Jumping,
- Obstacle Courses,
- Rock Climbing,
- Rope Swings and,
Not only will these kids get to experience Gymnastics including Rings, Pommel, Floor, Bars, Vault, Beam and Parallel Bars but they will get to do the activities they love in fun, safe and progressive learning environment.
Our gym is packed with features from an Olympic trampoline, to air floors, to Rock Climbing and everything in between. Why not check us out today.
Classes Run on a Term Basis, Thursday afternoons and Saturday mornings.
Looking for a Trampoline and Tumbling Class for kids aged 9 years an up? Check out our TNT-Tramp, Ninja and Tumbling class.
North West Gymnastics are excited to announce some fun and exciting recreational classes designed for the quality development of Acro and Tumbling skills for advanced dance and gymnastics students.
Did you know that we are trained and accredited in Acro Gymnastics, Acro Dance, Tumbling and Trampoline in addition to our Advanced+ Women’s and Men’s Gymnastics Accreditations?
We love our sport and the teaching of safe technique in a fun and safe environment. We have endless options, equipment and resources to ensure that skills are taught progressively in a safe way with a focus on technique and the appropriate physical preparation.
Class Enrolment is now open. Follow our guide on how to sign up for gymnastics classes here.
This guide will help you to get you or your child moving in gymnastics. You can join our classes at any time however there may be a wait pending places.
We are excited to Announce Term 2 will recommence on Saturday the 13th June and run through to Friday the 10th July.
What a year, with our amazing North West Gymnastics gymnasts travelling across the state to competition.
Wow did we travel! Over 15,000km for some athletes. To Mareeba, Mackay (twice), Hughenden, Brisbane, Townsville. With Regionals States and Clinics to boot.