Men’s Artistic Gymnastics at North West Gymnastics.
Our Boys programs are fun, fast paced with a focus on harnessing their energy, improving their co-ordination, challenging their strength and agility, developing their core stability. We also focus on fitness and fundamental movement, teaching skills like running, jumping and landing, Flip and fall, swinging, climbing, rolling, balancing and we teach them to do it safely.
We teach them to take risks in a safe environment. We assist boys to develop the skills to help them enjoy the freedom that being physically active allow. Our boys are taught to breakdown their dreams into smaller more manageable chunks rather than huge, overwhelming goals.
Following on from a start in Early Learners we have a number of class options:
- Ninja Foundations , With Class options for 4.5-6 or 6-8 year olds with energy to burn and some gymnastics experience.
- Flips and Tricks – Acro Foundations and Gym Skills for kids 7 years and up also uses other apparatus such as bars and beam to bring diversity to classes over what would be found in classic dance acrobatics. Floor skills, partner holds and balances do however form the predominant focus for this class.
- Flips and Tricks – TNT (Tramp, Ninja and Tumbling) for both girls and boys 8 years and up with a focus on Trampoline and Precision Jumping.
- Flips and Tricks – Intermediate Acro, Tumbling and Aerials class for kids 10 years and up focuses on Partner Acrobatics, Floor and Aerial skills utilising the sprung floor area, trampolines and Aerial Silks.
- Builds strength and prepares the body for the challenges in life
- Enhances co-ordination and agility, allowing the body to move like lightning
- Develops posture and confident body movement, including the ability to land safely
- Challenges the mind and body to reach new goals
- Develops healthy minds and bodies for now and later life
- An exercise in pure acrobatics, alternating between powerful tumbling series and the composure necessary for balance and strength elements.
- Routines mostly involve circles of the legs together and pendulous, scissor swings with the legs split, spectacularly combining these movements while turning and travelling along the horse.
- Difficult combination of strength and swinging elements requiring control, strength and balance in the forward and backward swings and strength holds.
- A 25m sprint creates the necessary power to explode from the board before the dynamic push off the table, to generate greater height for rotations and flight before landing on the other side
- Routines require swinging above and below the bars with acrobatic flight, changes of directions and precise balances, ending in a dramatic dismount off the side or the end of the bars.
- A spectacular apparatus, largely due to the combination and variation of giant swings, acrobatic releases and re-grasp flight elements. The high dismounts from the bar allows the gymnast to show his acrobatic talents and landing prowess. Men’s Artistic Gymnastics is governed internationally by the Federation Internationale de Gymnastique (FIG).
All participants have the opportunity for in-house fun competitions/performances as well as Invitational Competitions out of Mount Isa.
Men’s Artistic Gymnastics channels masculine energy to develop power, strength and control. Mastery of the six apparatus requires the skilful combination of flips, balance, stretch, spin and landings.
Men’s Artistic Gymnastics
Experience Men’s Artistic Gymnastics and feel the exhilaration of being in control as you fly and swing. It is the perfect sport for focus and self-discipline. Develop your skills for fun and fitness or challenge yourself further through competitions from local to national and even international level. There are six competitive apparatus in Men’s Artistic Gymnastics (MAG):
For enrolments please see our Parent Portal.