Men’s Artistic Gymnastics channels masculine energy to develop power, strength and control. Mastery of the six apparatus requires the skilful combination of flips, balance, stretch, spin and landings.
Men’s Artistic Gymnastics
- Builds strength and prepares the body for the challenges in life
- Enhances co-ordination and agility, allowing the body to move like lightning
- Develops posture and confident body movement, including the ability to land safely
- Challenges the mind and body to reach new goals
- Develops healthy minds and bodies for now and later life
Experience Men’s Artistic Gymnastics and feel the exhilaration of being in control as you fly and swing. It is the perfect sport for focus and self-discipline. Develop your skills for fun and fitness or challenge yourself further through competitions from local to national and even international level. There are six competitive apparatus in Men’s Artistic Gymnastics (MAG):
- An exercise in pure acrobatics, alternating between powerful tumbling series and the composure necessary for balance and strength elements.
- Routines mostly involve circles of the legs together and pendulous, scissor swings with the legs split, spectacularly combining these movements while turning and travelling along the horse.
- Difficult combination of strength and swinging elements requiring control, strength and balance in the forward and backward swings and strength holds.
- A 25m sprint creates the necessary power to explode from the board before the dynamic push off the table, to generate greater height for rotations and flight before landing on the other side
- Routines require swinging above and below the bars with acrobatic flight, changes of directions and precise balances, ending in a dramatic dismount off the side or the end of the bars.
- A spectacular apparatus, largely due to the combination and variation of giant swings, acrobatic releases and re-grasp flight elements. The high dismounts from the bar allows the gymnast to show his acrobatic talents and landing prowess. Mens’ Artistic Gymnastics is governed internationally by the Federation Internationale de Gymnastique (FIG).
Men’s Artistic Gymnastics at North West Gymnastics.
Competitive Gymnastics for boys who wish to enhance their skills and knowledge in Men’s Gymnastics only. Opportunity for in-house fun competitions/performances as well as Invitational Competitions out of Mount Isa. Opportunity for qualification at Regional and State Championships.
Membership with our club provides an opportunity for in-house fun competitions/performances as well as Invitational Competitions out of Mount Isa.
Competition attendance is highly recommended for competitive gymnasts with potential for qualification at Regional and State Championships at level 3 and above.
Minimum 1 class per week. 2 classes required for competitive gymnasts up to Level 3.
Annual club registration and insurance of $75 for Levels 1-2, $90 for Levels 3 upwards.
Class Costs on Enquiry. Our class costs vary depending on the contact hours selected with hourly charges reducing as contact time increases to a capped total term cost.
Enrolments are Essential. Please follow our Class Enrolment process.