Women’s Artistic Gymnastics at North West Gymnastics.
Women’s Artistic Gymnastics is our foundation here at North West Gymnastics.
A challenging sport renowned for its benefits in the development of girls both physically and mentally. Our focus in on individual progress and effort and making sure that each girl that walks into a class walks out a better gymnast and a better person. We are passionate about developing growth mindset in all our girls and teaching them the power of YET. This one small word completely flips the focus towards improvement no matter how small.
Membership with our club provides an opportunity for in-house fun competitions/performances as well as Invitational Competitions out of Mount Isa.
Competition attendance is highly recommended for competitive gymnasts with potential for qualification at Regional and State Championships at level 4 and above.
Girls Recreational Gymnastics Classes
Please see our Timetable here for class times.
- Pre-Levels are also used between the levels to assist in progression. For best results gymnasts should attend the recommended class numbers.
- Enrol or waitlist here: Girls Gymnastics Class Enrolment
Girls Beginners (Pre-Level 1) for 5-7 years starting from Prep or Grade 1 no experience necessary but suited to girls who have completed our Early Learners program.
- Recommended 1-2 classes per week. Option to supplement with a recreational class such as Ninja.
- Classes cost $20 per 50 minute class
Girls Level 1 for girls 5-8 years with no experience necessary although a start in our Girls Beginners is required for kids younger than 6 years. The perfect class for girls who love to handstand and want to learn to cartwheel and a great introduction to our women’s gymnastics program.
Girls Foundations (Pre-Level 2)
Girls Foundations (Level 2) for 7-10 years and up this class is for those girls that have advanced from Girls Level 1 are training Level 2 and working towards Level 3.
Girls Intermediate (Pre-Level 3)
Girls Competitive Gymnastics Levels
Girls Competitive Level 3: Recommended 3+ classes per week. Supplement with a recreational class such as Flips and Tricks – Foundations or Intermediate.
Girls Competitive Level 4: Recommended 3-4+ classes per week. Supplement with a recreational class such as Flips and Tricks – Intermediate or advanced .
Girls Competitive Level 5+: Recommended 4+ classes per week. Supplement with a recreational class such as Flips and Tricks – Advanced .
- For Competitive Programs at Level 3 and up, enrol or waitlist here: Girls Competitive Gymnastics Enrolment Portal
Competitive Level 3 and up class costs on enqiry. Our class costs vary depending on the contact hours selected with hourly charges reducing as class times and the number of classes increases.
NWG offer Competitive Program Offsets for families who offer support to the club.
Annual Student Membership of $70 for Levels 1-2 (including beginners, foundations, intermediate and pre-levels), $90 for Competitive Level 3 upwards.
What to Wear
Gymnasts in our competitive programs should wear;
- Girls: Leotards, Crop sets with bike pants, leggings or sports shorts are required for all training sessions. Leotard and bummers are preferred.
- No loose clothing please.
- Please bring a large water bottle
Enrolments are Essential. Enrol today via our Parent Portal
You can find our page on Girls Routine Resources here for kids wishing to see examples of and learn their routines – please contact us for access.
You can find information on North West Gymnastics Competition Season here.
Women’s Artistic Gymnastics is a creative blend of daring and control; powerful yet refined, elegant yet strong. Mastery on the four apparatus requires skills that flip, balance, swing and soar.
Women’s Artistic Gymnastics (WAG)
Women’s Artistic Gymnastics is the perfect sport to teach your daughter co-ordination and confidence, develop creativity and contribute to her general health and fitness.
- Enhances co-ordination and agility, for body awareness and balance
- Develops posture and confident body movement, including the ability to land safely
- Enhances creativity and builds self-confidence, for sport and life
- Develops strength and flexibility, for life’s constant challenges
- Develops healthy minds and bodies for now and later life
Give your daughter the right start in life. Let her experience Women’s Artistic Gymnastics and watch her grow into a happy, healthy and responsible young adult.
Watch Women’s Gymnastics on YouTube:
Women’s Artistic Gymnastics is for women and girls of all ages. Develop your skills for fun and fitness or challenge yourself further through competitions from local to national, right through to international level. The four competitive apparatus in Women’s Artistic Gymnastics are:
- A 20m sprint to the vaulting table followed by springing onto and off the hands and landing perfectly on the other side. Extra rotations at any point increase the difficulty.
- Requiring strength, precision, rhythm, concentration and courage; the gymnast moves from one bar to the other, alternating grip changes, releases and regrasps, saltos and changes of direction with circular swings.
- Balance at its most extreme, adding an extra element to the acrobatic sequences, gymnastic jumps and turns. It is an exercise not only of flexibility, but also of concentration, rhythm and expression.
- A creative combination of expressive dance, daring acrobatics and powerful gymnastics performed to music, where each gymnast communicates her own personality and style.
Women’s Artistic Gymnastics is governed internationally by the Federation Internationale de Gymnastique (FIG).
For enrolments and class bookings please see our Parent Portal.
Birthday Parties can be requested via our Website