We love our sport and the teaching of safe technique in a fun and safe environment. We have endless options, equipment and resources to ensure that skills are taught progressively in a safe way with a focus on technique and the appropriate physical preparation.
North West Gymnastics offers a wide range of programs and classes to suit all ages and abilities.
Based in Flower Street Mount Isa, North West Gymnastics is strongly supported by its members, parents and families.
We love our sport and the teaching of safe technique in a fun and safe environment.
North West Gymnastics is a family owned Club. Kylie and Richard both have a passion for the sport with their 3 kids being active in Gymnastics.
Kylie works as both the Club Manager and Senior Coach focused on the quality and delivery of all our programs. Kylie has a particular passion for building educational aspects into our Under 5’s programs. Kylie holds accreditations in Kindergym, Launchpad, Gymnastics for All (GfA), Acro Gymnastics, Women’s (WAG), Men’s (MAG) and Advanced Tumbling.
Richard is our Head Coach and manages the personal development plans of the gymnasts, technical aspects of the programs and our club and gymnasts competition objectives. Richard holds Advanced Silver and International Federation accreditations in Women’s Gymnastics, Advanced accreditations in Men’s Gymnastics, Gymnastics for All, Tumbling and Acro Gymnastics amongst others.
Our Club is affiliated and our amazing coaches are trained and accredited with Gymnastics Australia and Acrobatic Arts. Our coaches are experienced in a wide range of Gymsports including Women’s Artistic, Men’s Artistic, Acro Gymnastics, Trampoline and Tumbling to an Advanced+ level.
Our under 5’s programs are Fun and Educational with programs including Jungle Gym, Mini Movers and Early Learners. Mount Isa Teachers have praised us for the positive influences our classes have on the Kids in School and in settling into School.
Our Gymnastics For All programs are Fun and Recreational and are designed for those that just want to learn and improve their skills in a safe environment.
We have specialised in our offering of Acrobatics and Tumbling from Beginner to an Advanced level for Gymnasts and Dancers alike who want to perfect a safe technique with the supporting conditioning that will be with them for years to come.
We pride ourselves on offering the Highest Quality Competitive program in the region with our Gymnasts performing strongly in Regional and Coastal Competitions.
We also offer personal and customised training, targeted development and goal setting for athletes, dance students and more.
We know your children will benefit through general health, socially and through commitment, discipline, motor skills, balance, coordination and strength. You can find information on The Benefits of Gymnastics here.
Follow our guide on How to Sign up for Gymnastics Classes here.
Gymnastics For All at North West Gymnastics.
We love everything Gymnastics! Recreational, Competitive and Acro! Our Gymnastics for All programs are Fun and Recreational and offer something for everyone!
Our Coaches are trained across a multitude of GymSports and love nothing more than seeing the kids enjoyment and progress.
North West Gymnastics has adopted programs from Gymnastics Australia with our own twist, combining Tumbling, Acrobatics and Aerial Silks into our programs.
Our GfA (Gymnastics for All) programs include:
- Mini Movers – A structured 30 minute class for confident walkers, 18 months to 4 years.
- Jungle Gym – A 1 hour open play class for kids 0-4 years.
- Early Learners – A structured 45 minute independent, introductory class for kids 3-5 years.
- Activebods – A Fun and entertaining recreational program which uses the whole gym and all equipment to develop fundamental skills, technique and fitness. 5-12 years.
- Acro Foundations Gym Skills – Ideal for dance students to improve their floor manoeuvres and dance specific tumbling skills. Complimentary for levels gymnastics. Incorporates other Gymnastics Apparatus including Beam and Bars.
- Intermediate Acro, Tumbling and Aerials – Ideal for dance students to improve their floor manoeuvres and dance specific tumbling skills. Complimentary for levels gymnastics.
- Aerials and Tumbling – A tumbling class with a twist :). Incorporates a rotation between Aerial Silks, Trampoline and Tumbling Skills. We also offer this on a casual basis on a Tuesday Night.
- Advanced Acro and Tumbling – A fun recreational class focussed on Tumbling including Salto’s, Flicks, Partner Acrobatics and more!! Perfect for Current and X Gymnasts!
- Adults Gymnastics – Customised programs at your own pace.
- Strength, Flexibility and Injury Prevention – A class focussed on the appropriate preparation for the performance of Gymnastics, Acrobatic and Tumbling skills.
Keen on joining North West Gymnastics? Follow our guide on how to sign up for gymnastics classes here.
Class Enrolment is now open via our Class Enrolment page.
Find out about our Most Popular Programs here.
Gymnastics for All is a sport for everybody.
You can develop amazing skills while getting strong and flexible in fun and challenging ways; it is a sport for life with something for all ages and all abilities. The basic skills of landing, rolling and being upside-down can be developed and enhanced to suit whatever kind of movement you love best: performing with your friends; trying a competitive Gymsport; keeping fit or taking it to a whole new freestyle level.