Here you can find our Class Timetable and Annual Calendar.
You can find all the info on Our Classes here.
Enrolments for 2022 are now open! New Members are welcome at any time.
Enrolments are of an ongoing nature, families can elect to withdraw from classes at any time with 2 weeks prior notice via the Parent Portal.
Enrol today via our Parent Portal
View our Club Handbook and Policy Documents
North West Gymnastics offers a wide range of programs and classes to suit all ages and abilities.
Based in Flower Street Mount Isa, North West Gymnastics is strongly supported by its members, parents and families.
We love our sport and the teaching of safe technique in a fun and safe environment.
North West Gymnastics is a family owned Club. Kylie and Richard both have a passion for the sport with their 3 kids being active in Gymnastics.
Kylie works as both the Club Manager and Senior Coach focused on the quality and delivery of all our programs. Kylie has a particular passion for building educational aspects into our Under 5’s programs. Kylie holds accreditations in BabyGym, KinderGym, Launchpad, Gymnastics for All (GfA), Acro Gymnastics, Women’s (WAG), Men’s (MAG) and Advanced Tumbling.
Richard is our Head Coach and manages the personal development plans of the gymnasts, technical aspects of the programs and our club and gymnasts competition objectives. Richard holds Advanced Silver and International Federation accreditations in Women’s Gymnastics, Advanced accreditations in Men’s Gymnastics, Gymnastics for All, Tumbling and Acro Gymnastics amongst others.
Our under 5’s programs are Fun and Educational with programs including Baby Gym, Mini Movers and Early Learners. Mount Isa Teachers have praised us for the positive influences our classes have on the Kids in School and in settling into School.
Our Gymnastics For All programs are Fun and Recreational and are designed for those that just want to learn and improve their skills in a safe environment.
We have specialised in our offering of Acrobatics and Tumbling from Beginner to an Advanced level for Gymnasts and Dancers alike who want to perfect a safe technique with the supporting conditioning that will be with them for years to come.
We pride ourselves on offering the Highest Quality Competitive program in the region with our Gymnasts performing strongly in Regional and Coastal Competitions.
We also offer personal and customised training, targeted development and goal setting for athletes, dance students and more.
We know your children will benefit through general health, socially and through commitment, discipline, motor skills, balance, coordination and strength. You can find information on The Benefits of Gymnastics here.
Enrol today via our Parent Portal
Women’s Artistic Gymnastics at North West Gymnastics.
Women’s Artistic Gymnastics is our foundation here at North West Gymnastics.
A challenging sport renowned for its benefits in the development of girls both physically and mentally. Our focus in on individual progress and effort and making sure that each girl that walks into a class walks out a better gymnast and a better person. We are passionate about developing growth mindset in all our girls and teaching them the power of YET. This one small word completely flips the focus towards improvement no matter how small.
Membership with our club provides an opportunity for in-house fun competitions/performances as well as Invitational Competitions out of Mount Isa.
Competition attendance is highly recommended for competitive gymnasts with potential for qualification at Regional and State Championships at level 4 and above.
Girls Recreational Gymnastics Classes
Please see our Timetable here for class times.
- Pre-Levels are also used between the levels to assist in progression. For best results gymnasts should attend the recommended class numbers.
- Enrol or waitlist here: Girls Gymnastics Class Enrolment
Girls Beginners (Pre-Level 1) for 5-7 years starting from Prep or Grade 1 no experience necessary but suited to girls who have completed our Early Learners program.
- Recommended 1-2 classes per week. Option to supplement with a recreational class such as Ninja.
- Classes cost $20 per 50 minute class
Girls Level 1 for girls 5-8 years with no experience necessary although a start in our Girls Beginners is required for kids younger than 6 years. The perfect class for girls who love to handstand and want to learn to cartwheel and a great introduction to our women’s gymnastics program.
Girls Foundations (Pre-Level 2)
Girls Foundations (Level 2) for 7-10 years and up this class is for those girls that have advanced from Girls Level 1 are training Level 2 and working towards Level 3.
Girls Intermediate (Pre-Level 3)
Girls Competitive Gymnastics Levels
Girls Competitive Level 3: Recommended 3+ classes per week. Supplement with a recreational class such as Flips and Tricks – Foundations or Intermediate.
Girls Competitive Level 4: Recommended 3-4+ classes per week. Supplement with a recreational class such as Flips and Tricks – Intermediate or advanced .
Girls Competitive Level 5+: Recommended 4+ classes per week. Supplement with a recreational class such as Flips and Tricks – Advanced .
- For Competitive Programs at Level 3 and up, enrol or waitlist here: Girls Competitive Gymnastics Enrolment Portal
Competitive Level 3 and up class costs on enqiry. Our class costs vary depending on the contact hours selected with hourly charges reducing as class times and the number of classes increases.
NWG offer Competitive Program Offsets for families who offer support to the club.
Annual Student Membership of $70 for Levels 1-2 (including beginners, foundations, intermediate and pre-levels), $90 for Competitive Level 3 upwards.
What to Wear
Gymnasts in our competitive programs should wear;
- Girls: Leotards, Crop sets with bike pants, leggings or sports shorts are required for all training sessions. Leotard and bummers are preferred.
- No loose clothing please.
- Please bring a large water bottle
Enrolments are Essential. Enrol today via our Parent Portal
You can find our page on Girls Routine Resources here for kids wishing to see examples of and learn their routines – please contact us for access.
You can find information on North West Gymnastics Competition Season here.
Women’s Artistic Gymnastics is a creative blend of daring and control; powerful yet refined, elegant yet strong. Mastery on the four apparatus requires skills that flip, balance, swing and soar.
Men’s Artistic Gymnastics at North West Gymnastics.
Our Boys programs are fun, fast paced with a focus on harnessing their energy, improving their co-ordination, challenging their strength and agility, developing their core stability. We also focus on fitness and fundamental movement, teaching skills like running, jumping and landing, Flip and fall, swinging, climbing, rolling, balancing and we teach them to do it safely.
We teach them to take risks in a safe environment. We assist boys to develop the skills to help them enjoy the freedom that being physically active allow. Our boys are taught to breakdown their dreams into smaller more manageable chunks rather than huge, overwhelming goals.
- Ninja , With class options for students from 4.5-9 years with energy to burn and some gymnastics experience.
- Flips and Tricks – Foundations for kids 7 years and up. An Introduction to Acrobatics, Tumbling and Trampoline.
- Flips and Tricks – Intermediate or Advanced – classes for kids 8 years and up focuses on Acrobatic and Tumbling skills.
Gymnastics For All at North West Gymnastics.
We love everything Gymnastics! Recreational, Competitive and Acro! Our Gymnastics for All programs are Fun and Recreational and offer something for everyone!
Our Coaches are trained across a multitude of GymSports and love nothing more than seeing the kids enjoyment and progress.
North West Gymnastics has adopted programs from Gymnastics Australia with our own twist, combining Trampoline, Ninja, Tumbling, Acrobatics and Aerial Silks into our programs.
Our GfA (Gymnastics for All) programs include:
- Baby Gym – Babies can participate in BabyGym classes from as early as 4 months of age.
- Mini Movers – A structured 30 or 40 minute class for confident walkers, 12 months to 3.5 years.
- Early Learners – A structured 45 minute independent, introductory class for kids 3-5 years.
- Ninja, A fun class for Girls and Boys from 4.5 – 9 years ( 3 Separate Class Options) with energy to burn and some gymnastics experience.
- Flips and Tricks Foundations (7 years and up): Introduction to Acrobatics and Tumbling. Ideal for dance students to improve their floor and dance specific tumbling skills. Complimentary for levels gymnastics. Incorporates Gymnastics Apparatus including Beam and Bars.
- Flips and Tricks – Intermediate (8 years and up): Work to further develop and refine acrobatic tumbling skills including back handsprings, aerials, and saltos. – Ideal for dance students to improve their floor and dance specific tumbling skills. Complimentary for levels gymnastics.
- Flips and Tricks – Advanced (9 years and up) – Focuses on advanced skills and connections within tumbling runs.
Keen on joining North West Gymnastics? Enrol today via our Parent Portal
Gymnastics for All is a sport for everybody.
You can develop amazing skills while getting strong and flexible in fun and challenging ways; it is a sport for life with something for all ages and all abilities. The basic skills of landing, rolling and being upside-down can be developed and enhanced to suit whatever kind of movement you love best: performing with your friends; trying a competitive Gymsport; keeping fit or taking it to a whole new freestyle level.