Men’s Artistic Gymnastics at North West Gymnastics.
Our Boys programs are fun, fast paced with a focus on harnessing their energy, improving their co-ordination, challenging their strength and agility, developing their core stability. We also focus on fitness and fundamental movement, teaching skills like running, jumping and landing, Flip and fall, swinging, climbing, rolling, balancing and we teach them to do it safely.
We teach them to take risks in a safe environment. We assist boys to develop the skills to help them enjoy the freedom that being physically active allow. Our boys are taught to breakdown their dreams into smaller more manageable chunks rather than huge, overwhelming goals.
Following on from a start in Early Learners we have a number of class options:
- Ninja Foundations , With Class options for 4-6 or 6-8 year olds with energy to burn and some gymnastics experience.
- Flips and Tricks – Acro Foundations and Gym Skills for kids 7 years and up also uses other apparatus such as bars and beam to bring diversity to classes over what would be found in classic dance acrobatics. Floor skills, partner holds and balances do however form the predominant focus for this class.
- Flips and Tricks – TNT (Tramp, Ninja and Tumbling) for both girls and boys 8 years and up with a focus on Trampoline and Precision Jumping.
- Flips and Tricks – Intermediate Acro, Tumbling and Aerials class for kids 9 years and up focuses on Partner Acrobatics, Floor and Aerial skills utilising the sprung floor area, trampolines and Aerial Silks.
- Flips and Tricks – Advanced – Aerials and Tumbling class for kids 11 years and older works predominantly on Tumbling Skills including Salto’s, Flicks and Aerials in addition to leveraging the Aerial Silks.
All participants have the opportunity for in-house fun competitions/performances as well as Invitational Competitions out of Mount Isa.
Men’s Artistic Gymnastics channels masculine energy to develop power, strength and control. Mastery of the six apparatus requires the skilful combination of flips, balance, stretch, spin and landings.