Women’s Artistic Gymnastics at North West Gymnastics.
Women’s Artistic Gymnastics is our foundation here at North West Gymnastics.
A challenging sport renowned for its benefits in the development of girls both physically and mentally. Our focus in on individual progress and effort and making sure that each girl that walks into a class walks out a better gymnast and a better person. We are passionate about developing growth mindset in all our girls and teaching them the power of YET. This one small word completely flips the focus towards improvement no matter how small.
Membership with our club provides an opportunity for in-house fun competitions/performances as well as Invitational Competitions out of Mount Isa.
Competition attendance is highly recommended for competitive gymnasts with potential for qualification at Regional and State Championships at level 3 and above.
For best results gymnasts should attend the recommended class numbers.
- Girls Beginners for 5-7 year olds in Prep or Grade 1 no experience necessary but suited to girls who have completed our Early Learners program.
- Recommended 1-2 classes per week.
- Girls Foundations for with Separate classes for 6-9 years or 8 years+ with no experience necessary. The perfect class for girls who love to handstand and want to learn to cartwheel and a great introduction to our women’s gymnastics program.
- Recommended 2 classes per week. Option to supplement with a recreational class such as Acro Foundations and Gym Skills.
- Girls Intermediate for 7-9+ years and up this class is for those girls that have advanced from WAG Foundations are training Level 2 and working towards Level 3.
- Girls Level 3: Recommended 3+ classes per week. Supplement with a recreational class such as Acro Foundations and Gym Skills, or Intermediate Acro, Tumbling and Aerials, Strength and Flexibility.
- Girls Level 4: Recommended 3-4+ classes per week. Supplement with a recreational class such as Aerials and Tumbling or Strength and Flexibility.
- Girls Level 5+: Recommended 4+ classes per week. Supplement with a recreational class such as Aerials and Tumbling or Strength and Flexibility.
Class Costs on Enquiry. Our class costs vary depending on the contact hours selected with hourly charges reducing as contact time increases.
Annual Student Membership of $70 for Levels 1-2 (Beginner, Foundations and Intermediate), $90 for Level 3 upwards.
Enrolments are Essential. Enrol today via our Parent Portal
Individualised Competitive Discounts are available on application.
You can find our page on WAG Routine Resources here for kids wishing to see examples of and learn their routines – contact us for access.
You can find information on North West Gymnastics Competition Season here.