Here you can find our Class Timetable and Annual Calendar.
You can find all the info on Our Classes here.
Enrolments for 2022 are now open! New Members are welcome at any time.
Enrolments are of an ongoing nature, families can elect to withdraw from classes at any time with 2 weeks prior notice via the Parent Portal.
Enrol today via our Parent Portal
View our Club Handbook and Policy Documents
Did you know that North West Gymnastics Mount Isa loves to host Kids Birthday Parties!!!
Why not host your child’s next Birthday Party at North West Gymnastics.
Let the kids play in the gym and celebrate!
We can adapt to accommodate exactly what you are after for any age.
****Scroll Down for the Booking Form*****
For our Birthday Party Flyer please click here.
All our parties are supervised by trained and accredited coaches.
Open/Free play or Structured activities can be accommodated.
North West Gymnastics offers a wide range of programs and classes to suit all ages and abilities.
Based in Flower Street Mount Isa, North West Gymnastics is strongly supported by its members, parents and families.
We love our sport and the teaching of safe technique in a fun and safe environment.
North West Gymnastics is a family owned Club. Kylie and Richard both have a passion for the sport with their 3 kids being active in Gymnastics.
Kylie works as both the Club Manager and Senior Coach focused on the quality and delivery of all our programs. Kylie has a particular passion for building educational aspects into our Under 5’s programs. Kylie holds accreditations in BabyGym, KinderGym, Launchpad, Gymnastics for All (GfA), Acro Gymnastics, Women’s (WAG), Men’s (MAG) and Advanced Tumbling.
Richard is our Head Coach and manages the personal development plans of the gymnasts, technical aspects of the programs and our club and gymnasts competition objectives. Richard holds Advanced Silver and International Federation accreditations in Women’s Gymnastics, Advanced accreditations in Men’s Gymnastics, Gymnastics for All, Tumbling and Acro Gymnastics amongst others.
Our under 5’s programs are Fun and Educational with programs including Baby Gym, Mini Movers and Early Learners. Mount Isa Teachers have praised us for the positive influences our classes have on the Kids in School and in settling into School.
Our Gymnastics For All programs are Fun and Recreational and are designed for those that just want to learn and improve their skills in a safe environment.
We have specialised in our offering of Acrobatics and Tumbling from Beginner to an Advanced level for Gymnasts and Dancers alike who want to perfect a safe technique with the supporting conditioning that will be with them for years to come.
We pride ourselves on offering the Highest Quality Competitive program in the region with our Gymnasts performing strongly in Regional and Coastal Competitions.
We also offer personal and customised training, targeted development and goal setting for athletes, dance students and more.
We know your children will benefit through general health, socially and through commitment, discipline, motor skills, balance, coordination and strength. You can find information on The Benefits of Gymnastics here.
Enrol today via our Parent Portal
Contact North West Gymnastics.
We appreciate that we can be hard to contact at the Gym or on the phone as we are generally coaching classes. The best way to contact us is via email or message us via Facebook Messenger if you have any questions or would like to arrange a time to talk on any items.
We hope you all enjoy your Easter Holidays.
2022 Term 2 classes commence from Tuesday 19th April and run to Sunday the 26th June.
Acro and Tumbling at North West Gymnastics.
Acro and Tumbling are fun and diverse sports focusing on use of the sprung floor area and air floors.
These Gymnastics classes are complimentary to other gymnastics or dance sports.
The perfect option for competitive gymnasts looking for something less demanding in terms of contact time.
Acro and Tumbling Programs
North West Gymnastics offers a number of Acro and Tumbling programs for both boys and girls.
- Flips and Tricks Foundations (7 years+): Introduction to Acrobatics and Tumbling. Ideal for dance students to improve their floor and dance specific tumbling skills. Complimentary for levels gymnastics. Incorporates Gymnastics Apparatus including Beam and Bars.
- Flips and Tricks – Intermediate (8 years+): Work to further develop and refine acrobatic tumbling skills including back handsprings, aerials, and saltos. – Ideal for dance students to improve their floor and dance specific tumbling skills. Complimentary for levels gymnastics.
- Flips and Tricks – Advanced (9 years+) – Focuses on advanced skills and connections within tumbling runs. A competitive option for athletes interested in the competitive pathway.
Women’s Artistic Gymnastics at North West Gymnastics.
Women’s Artistic Gymnastics is our foundation here at North West Gymnastics.
A challenging sport renowned for its benefits in the development of girls both physically and mentally. Our focus in on individual progress and effort and making sure that each girl that walks into a class walks out a better gymnast and a better person. We are passionate about developing growth mindset in all our girls and teaching them the power of YET. This one small word completely flips the focus towards improvement no matter how small.
Membership with our club provides an opportunity for in-house fun competitions/performances as well as Invitational Competitions out of Mount Isa.
Competition attendance is highly recommended for competitive gymnasts with potential for qualification at Regional and State Championships at level 4 and above.
Girls Recreational Gymnastics Classes
Please see our Timetable here for class times.
- Pre-Levels are also used between the levels to assist in progression. For best results gymnasts should attend the recommended class numbers.
- Enrol or waitlist here: Girls Gymnastics Class Enrolment
Girls Beginners (Pre-Level 1) for 5-7 years starting from Prep or Grade 1 no experience necessary but suited to girls who have completed our Early Learners program.
- Recommended 1-2 classes per week. Option to supplement with a recreational class such as Ninja.
- Classes cost $20 per 50 minute class
Girls Level 1 for girls 5-8 years with no experience necessary although a start in our Girls Beginners is required for kids younger than 6 years. The perfect class for girls who love to handstand and want to learn to cartwheel and a great introduction to our women’s gymnastics program.
Girls Foundations (Pre-Level 2)
Girls Foundations (Level 2) for 7-10 years and up this class is for those girls that have advanced from Girls Level 1 are training Level 2 and working towards Level 3.
Girls Intermediate (Pre-Level 3)
Girls Competitive Gymnastics Levels
Girls Competitive Level 3: Recommended 3+ classes per week. Supplement with a recreational class such as Flips and Tricks – Foundations or Intermediate.
Girls Competitive Level 4: Recommended 3-4+ classes per week. Supplement with a recreational class such as Flips and Tricks – Intermediate or advanced .
Girls Competitive Level 5+: Recommended 4+ classes per week. Supplement with a recreational class such as Flips and Tricks – Advanced .
- For Competitive Programs at Level 3 and up, enrol or waitlist here: Girls Competitive Gymnastics Enrolment Portal
Competitive Level 3 and up class costs on enqiry. Our class costs vary depending on the contact hours selected with hourly charges reducing as class times and the number of classes increases.
NWG offer Competitive Program Offsets for families who offer support to the club.
Annual Student Membership of $70 for Levels 1-2 (including beginners, foundations, intermediate and pre-levels), $90 for Competitive Level 3 upwards.
What to Wear
Gymnasts in our competitive programs should wear;
- Girls: Leotards, Crop sets with bike pants, leggings or sports shorts are required for all training sessions. Leotard and bummers are preferred.
- No loose clothing please.
- Please bring a large water bottle
Enrolments are Essential. Enrol today via our Parent Portal
You can find our page on Girls Routine Resources here for kids wishing to see examples of and learn their routines – please contact us for access.
You can find information on North West Gymnastics Competition Season here.
Women’s Artistic Gymnastics is a creative blend of daring and control; powerful yet refined, elegant yet strong. Mastery on the four apparatus requires skills that flip, balance, swing and soar.
Men’s Artistic Gymnastics at North West Gymnastics.
Our Boys programs are fun, fast paced with a focus on harnessing their energy, improving their co-ordination, challenging their strength and agility, developing their core stability. We also focus on fitness and fundamental movement, teaching skills like running, jumping and landing, Flip and fall, swinging, climbing, rolling, balancing and we teach them to do it safely.
We teach them to take risks in a safe environment. We assist boys to develop the skills to help them enjoy the freedom that being physically active allow. Our boys are taught to breakdown their dreams into smaller more manageable chunks rather than huge, overwhelming goals.
- Ninja , With class options for students from 4.5-9 years with energy to burn and some gymnastics experience.
- Flips and Tricks – Foundations for kids 7 years and up. An Introduction to Acrobatics, Tumbling and Trampoline.
- Flips and Tricks – Intermediate or Advanced – classes for kids 8 years and up focuses on Acrobatic and Tumbling skills.
Gymnastics For All at North West Gymnastics.
We love everything Gymnastics! Recreational, Competitive and Acro! Our Gymnastics for All programs are Fun and Recreational and offer something for everyone!
Our Coaches are trained across a multitude of GymSports and love nothing more than seeing the kids enjoyment and progress.
North West Gymnastics has adopted programs from Gymnastics Australia with our own twist, combining Trampoline, Ninja, Tumbling, Acrobatics and Aerial Silks into our programs.
Our GfA (Gymnastics for All) programs include:
- Baby Gym – Babies can participate in BabyGym classes from as early as 4 months of age.
- Mini Movers – A structured 30 or 40 minute class for confident walkers, 12 months to 3.5 years.
- Early Learners – A structured 45 minute independent, introductory class for kids 3-5 years.
- Ninja, A fun class for Girls and Boys from 4.5 – 9 years ( 3 Separate Class Options) with energy to burn and some gymnastics experience.
- Flips and Tricks Foundations (7 years and up): Introduction to Acrobatics and Tumbling. Ideal for dance students to improve their floor and dance specific tumbling skills. Complimentary for levels gymnastics. Incorporates Gymnastics Apparatus including Beam and Bars.
- Flips and Tricks – Intermediate (8 years and up): Work to further develop and refine acrobatic tumbling skills including back handsprings, aerials, and saltos. – Ideal for dance students to improve their floor and dance specific tumbling skills. Complimentary for levels gymnastics.
- Flips and Tricks – Advanced (9 years and up) – Focuses on advanced skills and connections within tumbling runs.
Keen on joining North West Gymnastics? Enrol today via our Parent Portal
Gymnastics for All is a sport for everybody.
You can develop amazing skills while getting strong and flexible in fun and challenging ways; it is a sport for life with something for all ages and all abilities. The basic skills of landing, rolling and being upside-down can be developed and enhanced to suit whatever kind of movement you love best: performing with your friends; trying a competitive Gymsport; keeping fit or taking it to a whole new freestyle level.
Please see our Parent Portal Club Shop for current stock and pre-orders.
Competition outfits are NOT compulsory for training or in house competitions. We have “Pre Loved” items in GREAT condition at the gym or you can pick up some deals on our New and Pre-Loved Gym Wear Facebook Group.
Welcome to the North West Gymnastics Store. Here you can find North West Gymnastics Clothing, Posters and other items as they come available. We also have information on training gear, competition leotards and attire along with other gymnastics gear.
Looking for Grips, Hand Guards or Bar Loops/Straps?
- Levels 1-3 Palm Guards (optional)
- WAG Levels 3+ Grips (mandatory) Amco Gymnastics – Lady Velcro or RSGymwear, Bailie Narrow Dowel – Good for small hands), Bailie Standard.
- MAG Level 3+ High Bar Grips (mandatory)
- MAG Level 3+ Ring Grips (optional)
- Gymnastics Loops
Gear to sell?
Do you have some second hand gymnastics clothes, leotards or perhaps even grips to sell? Contact us and we can feature these here or at the gym for you.
Polo’s and T-Shirts
Support North West Gymnastics
Please help by making a donation towards our Not for Profit Committee.
100% of donations go directly towards equipment purchases for the committee or athletes.
NWG Mount Isa Inc. is a not for profit organisation with the aim of making gymnastics available to all ages and abilities in the region.
Looking to Enrol in Classes? Please visit our Parent Portal
Scroll down to Create an Account as a parent or guardian or if you already have an account you can sign in below – Click Login –>
- It is important that you continue to use the same email when signing in on our website. Please do not create a second account, check for an email sent previously from firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unsure what email address you used.
Looking for NWG Training Leotards and Gear
Do you have some second hand gymnastics clothes, leotards or perhaps even grips to sell? Feel free to post these in our Facebook Group North West Gymnastics Pre-Loved Gym Wear.
We are excited to offer a Training and Performance Leotard. We purchase these in bulk so if you are interested please let us know your size such that we can include you in the next order. We may hold limited stock of these which you can order via our Club Shop.
Locally Made Leotards from Pollyanna Activewear
We have a very talented mummy in our club. I have personally seen the Leo’s and they’re awesome!
You can reach Leah her via Facebook at Pollyanna Activewear.
To order send the following information to email@example.com
You can find our additional information on Competition Uniforms and Attire here.
Other training items can be ordered from our Club Shop or at the Gym.