We love our sport and the teaching of safe technique in a fun and safe environment. We have endless options, equipment and resources to ensure that skills are taught progressively in a safe way with a focus on technique and the appropriate physical preparation.
North West Gymnastics offers a wide range of programs and classes to suit all ages and abilities.
Based in Flower Street Mount Isa, North West Gymnastics is strongly supported by its members, parents and families.
We love our sport and the teaching of safe technique in a fun and safe environment.
North West Gymnastics is a family owned Club. Kylie and Richard both have a passion for the sport with their 3 kids being active in Gymnastics.
Kylie works as both the Club Manager and Senior Coach focused on the quality and delivery of all our programs. Kylie has a particular passion for building educational aspects into our Under 5’s programs. Kylie holds accreditations in BabyGym, KinderGym, Launchpad, Gymnastics for All (GfA), Acro Gymnastics, Women’s (WAG), Men’s (MAG) and Advanced Tumbling.
Richard is our Head Coach and manages the personal development plans of the gymnasts, technical aspects of the programs and our club and gymnasts competition objectives. Richard holds Advanced Silver and International Federation accreditations in Women’s Gymnastics, Advanced accreditations in Men’s Gymnastics, Gymnastics for All, Tumbling and Acro Gymnastics amongst others.
Our under 5’s programs are Fun and Educational with programs including Baby Gym, Mini Movers and Early Learners. Mount Isa Teachers have praised us for the positive influences our classes have on the Kids in School and in settling into School.
Our Gymnastics For All programs are Fun and Recreational and are designed for those that just want to learn and improve their skills in a safe environment.
We have specialised in our offering of Acrobatics and Tumbling from Beginner to an Advanced level for Gymnasts and Dancers alike who want to perfect a safe technique with the supporting conditioning that will be with them for years to come.
We pride ourselves on offering the Highest Quality Competitive program in the region with our Gymnasts performing strongly in Regional and Coastal Competitions.
We also offer personal and customised training, targeted development and goal setting for athletes, dance students and more.
We know your children will benefit through general health, socially and through commitment, discipline, motor skills, balance, coordination and strength. You can find information on The Benefits of Gymnastics here.
Enrol today via our Parent Portal
Contact North West Gymnastics.
We appreciate that we can be hard to contact at the Gym or on the phone as we are generally coaching classes. The best way to contact us is via email or message us via Facebook Messenger if you have any questions or would like to arrange a time to talk on any items.
Acro Gymnastics at North West Gymnastics.
Acro Gymnastics is a fun and diverse sport focusing predominantly on use of the floor area.
Our classes contain a mix of partner and trio based holds and balances in addition to classic acrobatic tumbling skills.
Our Acro Gymnastics classes are best taken as supplementary to other gymnastics or dance sports.
The perfect option for competitive gymnasts looking for something less demanding in terms of contact time.
Acro gymnastics can also be a great option for a primary sport with other gymnastics foundations or dance classes supporting the physical preparation required for skill execution.
Our coaches are accredited to Coach and Judge Acro Gymnastics through Gymnastics Australia and in delivering the Acrobatic Arts program.
North West Gymnastics offers a number of Term Based and Casual Acro and Tumbling programs for both boys and girls.
Women’s Artistic Gymnastics at North West Gymnastics.
Women’s Artistic Gymnastics is our foundation here at North West Gymnastics.
A challenging sport renowned for its benefits in the development of girls both physically and mentally. Our focus in on individual progress and effort and making sure that each girl that walks into a class walks out a better gymnast and a better person. We are passionate about developing growth mindset in all our girls and teaching them the power of YET. This one small word completely flips the focus towards improvement no matter how small.
Membership with our club provides an opportunity for in-house fun competitions/performances as well as Invitational Competitions out of Mount Isa.
Competition attendance is highly recommended for competitive gymnasts with potential for qualification at Regional and State Championships at level 3 and above.
For best results gymnasts should attend the recommended class numbers.
- Girls Beginners for 5-7 year olds in Prep or Grade 1 no experience necessary but suited to girls who have completed our Early Learners program.
- Recommended 1-2 classes per week.
- Girls Foundations for with Separate classes for 6-9 years or 8 years+ with no experience necessary. The perfect class for girls who love to handstand and want to learn to cartwheel and a great introduction to our women’s gymnastics program.
- Recommended 2 classes per week. Option to supplement with a recreational class such as Acro Foundations and Gym Skills.
- Girls Intermediate for 7-9+ years and up this class is for those girls that have advanced from WAG Foundations are training Level 2 and working towards Level 3.
- Girls Level 3: Recommended 3+ classes per week. Supplement with a recreational class such as Acro Foundations and Gym Skills, or Intermediate Acro, Tumbling and Aerials, Strength and Flexibility.
- Girls Level 4: Recommended 3-4+ classes per week. Supplement with a recreational class such as Aerials and Tumbling or Strength and Flexibility.
- Girls Level 5+: Recommended 4+ classes per week. Supplement with a recreational class such as Aerials and Tumbling or Strength and Flexibility.
Class Costs on Enquiry. Our class costs vary depending on the contact hours selected with hourly charges reducing as contact time increases.
Annual Student Membership of $70 for Levels 1-2 (Beginner, Foundations and Intermediate), $90 for Level 3 upwards.
Enrolments are Essential. Enrol today via our Parent Portal
Individualised Competitive Discounts are available on application.
You can find our page on WAG Routine Resources here for kids wishing to see examples of and learn their routines – contact us for access.
You can find information on North West Gymnastics Competition Season here.
Women’s Artistic Gymnastics is a creative blend of daring and control; powerful yet refined, elegant yet strong. Mastery on the four apparatus requires skills that flip, balance, swing and soar.
Men’s Artistic Gymnastics at North West Gymnastics.
Our Boys programs are fun, fast paced with a focus on harnessing their energy, improving their co-ordination, challenging their strength and agility, developing their core stability. We also focus on fitness and fundamental movement, teaching skills like running, jumping and landing, Flip and fall, swinging, climbing, rolling, balancing and we teach them to do it safely.
We teach them to take risks in a safe environment. We assist boys to develop the skills to help them enjoy the freedom that being physically active allow. Our boys are taught to breakdown their dreams into smaller more manageable chunks rather than huge, overwhelming goals.
Following on from a start in Early Learners we have a number of class options:
- Ninja Foundations , With Class options for 4-6 or 6-8 year olds with energy to burn and some gymnastics experience.
- Flips and Tricks – Acro Foundations and Gym Skills for kids 7 years and up also uses other apparatus such as bars and beam to bring diversity to classes over what would be found in classic dance acrobatics. Floor skills, partner holds and balances do however form the predominant focus for this class.
- Flips and Tricks – TNT (Tramp, Ninja and Tumbling) for both girls and boys 8 years and up with a focus on Trampoline and Precision Jumping.
- Flips and Tricks – Intermediate Acro, Tumbling and Aerials class for kids 9 years and up focuses on Partner Acrobatics, Floor and Aerial skills utilising the sprung floor area, trampolines and Aerial Silks.
- Flips and Tricks – Advanced – Aerials and Tumbling class for kids 11 years and older works predominantly on Tumbling Skills including Salto’s, Flicks and Aerials in addition to leveraging the Aerial Silks.
All participants have the opportunity for in-house fun competitions/performances as well as Invitational Competitions out of Mount Isa.
Men’s Artistic Gymnastics channels masculine energy to develop power, strength and control. Mastery of the six apparatus requires the skilful combination of flips, balance, stretch, spin and landings.
Gymnastics For All at North West Gymnastics.
We love everything Gymnastics! Recreational, Competitive and Acro! Our Gymnastics for All programs are Fun and Recreational and offer something for everyone!
Our Coaches are trained across a multitude of GymSports and love nothing more than seeing the kids enjoyment and progress.
North West Gymnastics has adopted programs from Gymnastics Australia with our own twist, combining Trampoline, Ninja, Tumbling, Acrobatics and Aerial Silks into our programs.
Our GfA (Gymnastics for All) programs include:
- Baby Gym – Babies can participate in BabyGym classes from as early as 4 months of age.
- Mini Movers – A structured 30 minute class for confident walkers, 12 months to 4 years.
- Early Learners – A structured 45 minute independent, introductory class for kids 3 – 5 years.
- Ninja Foundations, A fun class for Girls and Boys with Class options for 4 – 6 and 6 – 8 year olds with energy to burn and some gymnastics experience.
- Flips and Tricks – Tramp, Ninja and Tumbling (TNT), For kids wanting to develop tumbling and trampoline skills, precision jumping and parkour.
- Flips and Tricks – Acro Foundations Gym Skills – Ideal for dance students to improve their floor manoeuvres and dance specific tumbling skills. Complimentary for levels gymnastics. Incorporates Gymnastics Apparatus including Beam and Bars.
- Flips and Tricks – Intermediate Acro, Tumbling and Aerials – Ideal for dance students to improve their floor manoeuvres and dance specific tumbling skills. Complimentary for levels gymnastics.
- Flips and Tricks Advanced – Aerials and Tumbling – A tumbling class with a twist :). Incorporates a rotation between Aerial Silks, Trampoline and Tumbling Skills.
- Strength, Flexibility and Injury Prevention – A class focused on the appropriate preparation for the performance of Gymnastics, Acrobatic and Tumbling skills.
Keen on joining North West Gymnastics? Enrol today via our Parent Portal
Gymnastics for All is a sport for everybody.
You can develop amazing skills while getting strong and flexible in fun and challenging ways; it is a sport for life with something for all ages and all abilities. The basic skills of landing, rolling and being upside-down can be developed and enhanced to suit whatever kind of movement you love best: performing with your friends; trying a competitive Gymsport; keeping fit or taking it to a whole new freestyle level.