North West Gymnastics
MOST POPULAR PROGRAMS
Of all the fantastic programs offered at North West Gymnastics these are our most popular.
- Early Movers (1.5-4yrs), A structured class for those building confidence with Parent Participation.
- Jungle Gym (0-4yrs), An Unstructured Open Play with Parent Participation.
- Activebods – Gym Fun (5-12yrs), A fun recreational class which uses all apparatus and equipment to build fitness and develop fundamental movement.
- Acro Foundations and Gym Skills (6-16yrs) – Our Acro class introduces acrobatic foundations, beginner tumbling and intermediate gym skills utilising all gym equipment. It targets the teaching of correct technique for acrobatic skills including Aerials, Walkovers, Cartwheels, Handsprings as well as partner and group balances and performance.
- Intermediate Acro, Tumbling and Aerials: Ideal for dance students to improve their floor maneuvers and dance specific tumbling skills. Complimentary for levels gymnastics.
- Aerials and Tumbling, An exciting new class for Experienced Dancers and Gymnasts focused on aerial silks, tumbling and trampoline.
- Advanced Acro and Tumbling, A structured class includes partner holds and displays, floor tumbling with development towards flicks, front and back saltos, handsprings, aerial cartwheels, walkovers. Great for X-gymnasts, current gymnasts or adults.
- Adults Gymnastics (16+ yrs), Classes structured to suit your request.
- Strength, Flexibility and Injury Prevention, With concepts flowing from some of the worlds top coaches and the conditioning and prehab exercises that they use in the Gymnastics and Dance space.
Acro Foundations and Gym Skills
North West Gymnastics Acro Foundations and Gym Skills class introduces acrobatic foundations, beginner tumbling and intermediate gym skills utilising all gym equipment to develop strength requirements (and for a bit of fun!! beam, bars, floor and tramp, rings, parallel bars).
It targets the teaching of correct technique for acrobatic skills including Aerials, Walkovers, Cartwheels, Handsprings as well as partner and group balances and performance.
Our Coaches are accredited in both Acro Gymnastics and Acrobatic Arts programs as a compliment to our Women’s, Men’s and Tumbling Gymnastics accreditations. Read more “Acro Foundations and Gym Skills”
Work with one of our Advanced Tumbling and Acrobatics coaches to learn and refine Acrobatic and Tumbling skills.
With a structured program based on the QLD Acrobatic and Women’s Gymnastics program supplemented with content from the Acrobatic Arts syllabus covering:
- Introductory Tumbling Elements: Hurdles, Cartwheels and Round-offs
- Intermediate Tumbling Elements: Front and Back Handsprings (Flicks), Aerial Cartwheels.
- Advanced Tumbling: Salto’s and Twisting
- Introductory Gym Skills: Handstands, Bridges, Walkovers, Assisted Jumps
- Intermediate Acrobatic Skills: Pair and Trio Partner Holds/Stands, Throws and Catches.
This program is open to Advanced Dance Students with Gymnastics Backgrounds, X Gymnasts (Level 3+) and Adults. Prior Gymnastics Experience or skill execution is essential.
Intended age range for this program is 11 years to Adult.
Keen to trial one of our Gymnastics Classes?
North West Gymnastics offers try out classes to help you find a class that suits your child.
We work with parents, children and coaches to ensure that we are able to place your child in a class that matches their age, ability and will give them the best opportunity to have fun, develop friendships and challenge themselves.
Read more “Request a Trial Class”
North West Gymnastics Term 3 2018 Class Enrolment is now open!!
Keen to try gymnastics? We have a heap of recreational and competitive classes on offer for all ages.
New and Existing members can now enrol online via our Class Enrolment page.
Term 3 2018 kicks off on Monday the 16th July and runs to Wednesday the 19th September.
North West Gymnastics are excited to have teamed up with Tumble Star for great deals on their products.
We can’t wait for our new air track. It will be great to use for those developing skills such as handsprings for the kids.
Why not check out their range of products at:
Saturday June 23rd is International Handstand Day and to Celebrate North West Gymnastics is offering a prize for each picture submission.
@NorthWestGymnastics – Facebook Tag
@nwgmountisa – Instagram Tag
Prizes include, Gymnastics Charms, NWG Backpacks, Gymnastics Bear Key Rings and something special for the lucky winner!!
Get your submissions in by Sunday the 24th June 7pm for voting.
North West Gymnastics Preliminary Class Timetable for Term 3 2018 can be found below.
Pending class enrolments there may be some changes however these should be reasonably minor.
- Acro and Intermediate Gym Skills continues on a Friday Afternoon,
- Activebods Saturday class continues with a Gym Skills program.
- Our Under 5’s Programs including Early Movers, Jungle Gym and Early Learners are back. We have however removed the option for a Monday Early Learners Class.
- We’ve had to remove our Friday foundations class to make space for an adequate number of Levels Classes. We are however more than happy to discuss how we best accommodate those recreational gymnasts who were taking part in this class one on one as we are certain they can be accomodated.
- Our Women’s Acro and Tumbling class is moving to Saturday afternoon and is extended to 2 hours as we work towards our Goal of forming a competitive Acro team here in Mount Isa.
- Adults Gymnastics on Tuesday’s to run from 6:45pm-8:00pm
- Our Teen Boys Tumbling and Tramp class continues on a Monday Night.
Just a quick note that NWG will be closed from the 22th to the 23th June (Friday-Saturday) as we are travelling to Hughenden for the Hughenden Gymnastics Competition.
Good luck to all our athletes!
You can find Information on our Competition Season here.
Just a quick note that NWG will be closed from the 8th to the 11th June (Friday-Monday) as we are travelling to Townsville for the Townsville Winter Cup Competition.
Good luck to all our athletes! You are superstars!
You can find Information on our Competition Season here.
Early Movers (18months – 4 years) – Parent Participation – Structured Class
Early Movers is a fun and structured 30 minute class for children aged 18months to 4 years who are competent walkers. Spend some quality time with your child exploring fun and challenging circuits using Beams, bars, padded boxes, trampolines and more.
Focused on Educational Activities while developing gross motor skills and coordination.
Classes run for 30minutes: Tuesday 9:00am, Thursday 9:00am and Saturday 8:45am.
Stay for the following hour of Jungle Gym for Free!
Jungle Gym at North West Gymnastics.
Spend some fun, quality time with this one hour open play session in our Gym! Our gym is a dream come true for little ones with trampolines, an air filled tumble track, bars to climb on, ropes to swing, boxes to jump from and much much more.
This popular class allows Dad or Mum to explore the gym with their little one. Give your kids an early start at building coordination and physical skills in a fun and playful environment. We have lots of Dads and kids that value this quality time.
There is no Class charge for non-walkers however all attendees in the Gym do require annual membership with our club for insurance purposes.
Casual Class Attendance Welcome at $7 per session or purchase a 10 Class Pass for $70 and get the 11th Class Free!!
Classes run for 1 hour: Tuesday 9:30am, Thursday 9:30am and Saturday 9:15am during the term.
From 2019 Annual Student Membership applies at a cost of $50 per year for all participants (excluding parents and carers) in our under 5’s programs.
Very rewarding, why not try it today! You are never too young to start
Come and visit us at our venue on Flower Street and let your little ones burn off some of this crazy cold energy!
Want something a little more structured?
Our Early Movers Program is perfect for confident walkers with parent participation or for those more independent kids our Early Learners program is for 3-5 year olds who are ready to try classes on their own.
Early Learners / Kinder Gym (3 – 5 years)
Early Learners is a structured gymnastics class for children aged 3 – 5 years. This class is an introductory to gymnastics levels for children with previous/current attendance in Early Movers, Jungle Gym or other Baby-Gym type exposure.
Early Learners focuses on developing the body as well as the mind of very energetic children. Coaches design fun circuits to challenge and develop co-ordination, balance, body awareness, strength as well as developing social skills such as listening, taking turns, being patient.
Mount Isa Teachers have praised us for the positive influences our classes are having on the Kids in School.
Early Learners is the perfect program for development of early coordination, confidence and independence and is a great introduction to competitive or recreational gymnastics.
Activebods Gym Fun (Age 5-12 years)
A fun, fast paced, recreational intermediate class for children (both Boys and Girls) aged 5-12yrs. This is a fast-moving fun class with a focus on developing basic gymnastics skills on all apparatus. The perfect class to begin gymnastics for older children with limited experience. It is also a great alternative or complimentary class for our competitive programs.
The class is structured such that the children learn basic skills, falling safely, rolling and landing correctly to prevent injury. All gymnastics apparatus is utilised in a circuit based class.
This class focuses on developing basic skills, coordination, strength and fundamental movement. All apparatus (including beams, bars, rings, vault, trampoline) are covered in this one class allowing kids to enjoy the benefits that the North West Gymnastics space has to offer.
A recreational tramp and tumbling class for teens aged 13-16yrs wanting to improve strength, flexibility and salto skills.
Come and learn how to safely execute front somersaults and back saltos and develop precision jumping. Learn many different Tramp tricks in a safe, instructional environment with an advanced coach.
Keen to build your strength, improve flexibility, keep fit or try your hand at learning some gymnastics skills? Perhaps you are an Ex-Gymnast that is keen to maintain skills.
Come and join us for this casual and fun class. Gymnastics at your own pace. Talk to us and we can cater for what you are after.
Our venue is packed with equipment including trampolines, aerial silks, air tumble track, air floors, sprung floors, bars, beams, vault and the like so we are sure to be able to please.