North West Gymnastics MOST POPULAR PROGRAMS
Of all the fantastic programs offered at North West Gymnastics these are our most popular.
- Mini Movers / Early Movers (1.5-4yrs), A structured class for those building confidence with Parent Participation. Casual Attendance Welcome.
- Jungle Gym (0-4yrs), An Unstructured Open Play with Parent Participation. Casual Attendance Welcome.
- Boys Foundations (4-7 and 8-12 yrs), A Structured introduction to Gymnastics for kids with Energy to Burn. Includes rope, Ninja, Parallel Bars, High Bar, Pommel, Sprung Floor, Vault, Air Floor and MORE!!! The 8-12 Years Program coming in Term 4 2019. This is a term Based Attendance Class.
- Activebods – Gym Fun (5-12yrs), A fun recreational class which uses all apparatus and equipment to build fitness and develop fundamental movement. This is a Term Based Attendance Class.
- Acro Foundations and Gym Skills (6yrs+) – Our Acro class introduces acrobatic foundations, beginner tumbling and intermediate gym skills utilising all gym equipment. It targets the teaching of correct technique for acrobatic skills including Aerials, Walkovers, Cartwheels, Handsprings as well as partner and group balances and performance. This is a Term Based Attendance Class.
- Intermediate Acro, Tumbling and Aerials (9yrs+): Ideal for dance students to improve their floor manoeuvres and dance specific tumbling skills. Complimentary for levels gymnastics. This is a Term Based Attendance Class.
- Aerials and Tumbling, (~11 years+) An exciting new class for Experienced Dancers and Gymnasts focused on aerial silks, tumbling and trampoline. Casual Attendance Welcome.
- Advanced Acro and Tumbling, (~11 years+) A structured class includes partner holds and displays, floor tumbling with development towards flicks, front and back saltos, handsprings, aerial cartwheels, walkovers. Great for X-gymnasts, current gymnasts or adults. On Hold for Term 4 2019. This is a Term Based Attendance Class.
- Adults Gymnastics (16+ yrs), Classes structured to suit your request. Casual Attendance Welcome.
- Strength, Flexibility and Injury Prevention, With concepts flowing from some of the worlds top coaches and the conditioning and prehab exercises that they use in the Gymnastics and Dance space.
- Acrobatic Flight for Dancers (11+ yrs), A new program for Term 4 2019: A dedicated casual class focussed on progression for dancers in acrobatic flight, hand support, leap and jump advancement. By reference only.
Visit Our Classes page for more information on our programs.
You can find our Class Timetable and Calendar here.
Please Follow our guide on how to sign up for gymnastics classes.
Read more “Most Popular Programs”
Intermediate Acro, Tumbling and Aerials
This fun and diverse class leverages of the success of our Acro and Intermediate Gym Skills class however maintains a primary focus on floor exercise and skills. It introduces acrobatic foundations, beginner tumbling and is furthered with the introduction of Aerial Silks and Trampolines.
It targets the teaching of correct technique for acrobatic skills including Aerials, Walkovers, Cartwheels, Handsprings as well as partner and group balances and performance.
The intended Age Range is 9 years + however may vary depending on any prior experience.
Read more “Intermediate Acro, Tumbling and Aerials”
A fun and exciting new class focusing on performance tumbling, aerial silks and trampoline.
Work with our Advanced Tumbling coaches in a safe environment to learn and perfect gymnastics and dance floor skills including front and back handsprings, walkovers, front and side aerials, saltos and twisting. Our Aerial silks add a twist for those wishing to practice the art and build strength.
Tumbling development in the use of correct technique utilising a range of equipment including sprung floor, Air Floor, Tumble Track, Trampolines. Our Gym is flush with Safety Matting and resources to aid in the safe development of skills.
The intended Age Range is 11 years + however may vary depending on any prior experience.
Work with one of our Advanced Tumbling and Acrobatics coaches to learn and refine Acrobatic and Tumbling skills.
With a structured program based on the QLD Acrobatic and Women’s Gymnastics program supplemented with content from the Acrobatic Arts syllabus covering:
- Introductory Tumbling Elements: Hurdles, Cartwheels and Round-offs
- Intermediate Tumbling Elements: Front and Back Handsprings (Flicks), Aerial Cartwheels.
- Advanced Tumbling: Salto’s and Twisting
- Introductory Gym Skills: Handstands, Bridges, Walkovers, Assisted Jumps
- Intermediate Acrobatic Skills: Pair and Trio Partner Holds/Stands, Throws and Catches.
This program is open to Advanced Dance Students with Gymnastics Backgrounds, X Gymnasts (Level 3+) and Adults. Prior Gymnastics Experience or skill execution is essential.
Intended age range for this program is 11 years to Adult however may vary depending on prior Gymnastics experience.