With recent QLD government announcements NWG will be implementing QR code sign in for Parents in 2021.
All Parents and Non-Participants in the Gym will need to scan in using the QR Code Signs placed around the gym.
Gymnasts or participants who are on our class rolls will not be required to scan in.
We ask our gym families to please respect this rule and if coming into the gym using the QR codes to scan in using your mobile phone.
Thanks all ❤️
North West Gymnastics are excited to announce some fun and exciting recreational classes designed for the quality development of Acro and Tumbling skills for advanced dance and gymnastics students.
Did you know that we are trained and accredited in Acro Gymnastics, Acro Dance, Tumbling and Trampoline in addition to our Advanced+ Women’s and Men’s Gymnastics Accreditations?
We love our sport and the teaching of safe technique in a fun and safe environment. We have endless options, equipment and resources to ensure that skills are taught progressively in a safe way with a focus on technique and the appropriate physical preparation.
Class Enrolment is now open. Follow our guide on how to sign up for gymnastics classes here.
Class Enrolments and Holiday Classes are now through our Parent Portal.
New members are welcome to join at anytime.
All class enrolments are of an ongoing basis until you elect to change classes or drop with 2 weeks notice.
You can find all the info on Our Classes here including our timetable, class pricing and membership.
Trial classes can be arranged at the normal one off class cost where there is space in a class. Please contact us via email for details once your account and student are set up in the portal.
Classes run through to the 27th June when we’ll take a short break before recommencing on the 12th July. For our existing families your enrolments will roll over.
Please note we are closed on the following dates:
- Friday the 18th June for the Mount Isa Show Holiday
- Saturday the 31st July and Sunday the 1st August for our In House Competition.
- Some classes will not be running from the 13th to the 16th August as we are away for our NQ Regional Competition. Please check the portal for your classes.
- Term 3 wraps up on the 18th September while we take a short break for State Championships to be back in the gym for Term 4 from the 5th October.
Our Portal is a one stop shop for you to manage your students, enrolments, holiday classes, billing, invoices, absences, makeup classes and more!
Class pricing on our Portal reflects the monthly class tuition fees. Annual membership is applicable for each participant.
You can find our Timetable and Calendar here.
All the info on our club, classes, uniforms, what to wear and billing can be found in our Club Handbook
We have an App
We are also launching our Parents Portal through the iClassPro App. Once you have organised an account above find us at “northwestgymnastics” on the iClassPro App.
What you can still find on our Website
Our website will still remain functional for News, Events and the like. Here is some handy links:
#nwgmountisa #nwghowtojoin #northwestgymnastics
Did you know that North West Gymnastics offers a heap of fun and recreational gymnastics classes?
Our recreational classes are designed for those who are only looking for 1 class a week or possibly even casual attendance options. A great way to develop skills and keep fit in a fun and safe environment.
Follow our guide on How to Sign up for Gymnastics Classes here.
Boys Foundations: For Boys from 4-12 years (2 separate class options) with Energy to Burn. Incorporates Trampoline, Ninja, Air Floor, Bars, Ring, and much much more!!
Activebods (Gym Fun): A Fun and entertaining recreational program which uses the whole gym and all equipment (Trampolines, Ropes, Bars, Floor, Beam, Air Floor, Rock Climbing and More) to develop fundamental skills, technique and fitness.
Acro Foundations and Gym Skills: Ideal for gymnasts or dance students to improve their floor manoeuvres and dance specific tumbling skills. Complimentary for levels gymnastics. Incorporates other Gymnastics Apparatus including Beam and Bars.
Intermediate Acro, Tumbling and Aerials: Ideal for gymnasts or dance students to improve their floor manoeuvres and dance specific tumbling skills. Complimentary for levels gymnastics.
Aerials and Tumbling: A tumbling class with a twist :). Incorporates a rotation between Aerial Silks, Trampoline and Tumbling Skills. We offer this on a casual basis.
Advanced Acro and Tumbling: A fun recreational class focussed on Tumbling including Salto’s, Flicks, Partner Acrobatics and more!! Perfect for Current and X Gymnasts!
Acro Flight for Dancers: A class designed specifically for senior dancers focussed on advancement of Acrobatic Flight Skills, Hand Support Skills, Leap and Turn Progressions.
Strength, Flexibility and Injury Prevention: Fundamental Core, Leg and Arm strengthening program coupled with injury prevention (prehab) exercises and flexibility. A huge boost to any Gymnastics or Dance Program.
Adults Gymnastics: All Welcome. A great opportunity to develop flexibility, build strength in a fun and relaxed environment. We can target programs to suit you ranging from conditioning through to advanced skills and aerial awareness.
With Some Outstanding Personal Performances and Results here is the Wrap Up from the Mareeba May 2019 Competition.
Outstanding performances from our Level 4’s.
With all our girls passing their Level 4 test requirements and impressing beyond our wildest dreams💪👏🏻 Read more “Mareeba 2019 Competition Wrap Up”
Meet the Team at North West Gymnastics.
Our team are here for you! We have a passion for the sport and love nothing more than to see our students succeed.
Our coaches are key to our students success and we invest heavily in their development to ensure a fun, safe and high standard in our programs.
#MountIsa ! Head on over to our Facebook page and Like and Share our recent post!!
Let’s see if we can bring this superstar Miss Emily to Mount Isa. Can we get 1000 Shares!
💕💕 Sharing is Caring 💕💕
Share and we may be lucky enough for our gym kids to meet one of Australia’s 💫Superstars💫 and hear her story 💕🌟
#superstarstomountisa #nwgmountisa #mountisagymnastics #gymnastics #superstars #Gymnastics #Queensland #Australia #northwestgymnastics #sharingiscaring
Love this Design !
We are seeking expressions of interest (and size) for an NWG Training Leo for our competitive WAG and performance classes.
Indicative price $63.
North West Gymnastics MOST POPULAR PROGRAMS
Of all the fantastic programs offered at North West Gymnastics these are our most popular.
- Mini Movers / Early Movers (1.5-4yrs), A structured class for those building confidence with Parent Participation. Casual Attendance Welcome.
- Jungle Gym (0-4yrs), An Unstructured Open Play with Parent Participation. Casual Attendance Welcome.
- Boys Foundations (4-7 and 8-12 yrs), A Structured introduction to Gymnastics for kids with Energy to Burn. Includes rope, Ninja, Parallel Bars, High Bar, Pommel, Sprung Floor, Vault, Air Floor and MORE!!! The 8-12 Years Program coming in Term 4 2019. This is a term Based Attendance Class.
- Activebods – Gym Fun (5-12yrs), A fun recreational class which uses all apparatus and equipment to build fitness and develop fundamental movement. This is a Term Based Attendance Class.
- Acro Foundations and Gym Skills (6yrs+) – Our Acro class introduces acrobatic foundations, beginner tumbling and intermediate gym skills utilising all gym equipment. It targets the teaching of correct technique for acrobatic skills including Aerials, Walkovers, Cartwheels, Handsprings as well as partner and group balances and performance. This is a Term Based Attendance Class.
- Intermediate Acro, Tumbling and Aerials (9yrs+): Ideal for dance students to improve their floor manoeuvres and dance specific tumbling skills. Complimentary for levels gymnastics. This is a Term Based Attendance Class.
- Aerials and Tumbling, (~11 years+) An exciting new class for Experienced Dancers and Gymnasts focused on aerial silks, tumbling and trampoline. Casual Attendance Welcome.
- Advanced Acro and Tumbling, (~11 years+) A structured class includes partner holds and displays, floor tumbling with development towards flicks, front and back saltos, handsprings, aerial cartwheels, walkovers. Great for X-gymnasts, current gymnasts or adults. On Hold for Term 4 2019. This is a Term Based Attendance Class.
- Adults Gymnastics (16+ yrs), Classes structured to suit your request. Casual Attendance Welcome.
- Strength, Flexibility and Injury Prevention, With concepts flowing from some of the worlds top coaches and the conditioning and prehab exercises that they use in the Gymnastics and Dance space.
- Acrobatic Flight for Dancers (11+ yrs), A new program for Term 4 2019: A dedicated casual class focussed on progression for dancers in acrobatic flight, hand support, leap and jump advancement. By reference only.
Visit Our Classes page for more information on our programs.
You can find our Class Timetable and Calendar here.
Please Follow our guide on how to sign up for gymnastics classes.
Read more “Most Popular Programs”
Harvard School of Education released their findings on their latest research project; and, they could have simply titled it “Why Your Kid Should do Gymnastics if You Want Them to Develop the Kind of Character That Helps Them Succeed at School.”
Acro Foundations and Gym Skills
North West Gymnastics Flips and Tricks – Foundations class introduces acrobatic foundations, beginner tumbling and intermediate gym skills utilising all gym equipment to develop strength requirements and for a bit of fun aerial silks, beam, bars, trampoline, rings and parallel bars.
Open for both Girls and Boys.
It targets the teaching of correct technique for acrobatic skills including Aerials, Walkovers, Cartwheels, Handsprings as well as partner and group balances and performance.
Perfect for Dancers wanting to improve strength and technique in acrobatic skills.
The intended Age Range is 7 years + however may vary depending on any prior experience.
Read more “Flips and Tricks – Foundations”
Our Advanced Acro and Tumbling Program is currently on hold.
In the meantime please check out our other Acrobatics and Tumbling Class Options;
- Our Acro Foundations Gym Skills Class is available for kids 7 years and older who are still keen to keep up their gymnastics skills.
- Alternatively our Intermediate acro, Tumbling and Aerials Class for kids 9 years and up focuses predominantly on Acro and Tumbling with a spice of Aerial Silks and Trampoline.
- We also run an Aerials and Tumbling class for kids 11 years and up to refine more advanced tumbling skills on a Tuesday Evening.
This program is open to Advanced Dance Students with Gymnastics Backgrounds, X Gymnasts (Level 3+) and Adults. Prior Gymnastics Experience or skill execution is essential.
Intended age range for this program is 11 years to Adult however may vary depending on prior Gymnastics experience.
Keen to trial one of our Gymnastics Classes?
North West Gymnastics offers try out classes during the term to help you find a Term class that suits your child. (Scroll down for the Trial Class Form)
We work with parents, children and coaches to ensure that we are able to place your child in a class that matches their age, ability and will give them the best opportunity to have fun, develop friendships and challenge themselves. Read more “Request a Trial Class”
We Absolutely Love our gym families and to recognise your support North West Gymnastics are offering Family Discounts!!
As a minimum for Term Classes we offer families with kids in multiple ongoing classes will be entitled to have their family training rate calculated based on the total hours of all their kids and have this applied as a discount. If you have multiple kids in Term classes this can be a massive benefit. We can see discounts of over 25% on our normal class costs for the whole family!
All the info on our Competition Season.
We will keep this post updated as info comes in and will also post separate Events for each here on our website and on Facebook as reminders.
Competition Nominations are via our Parent Portal.
- 22-23rd May 2021: Mackay Invitational: WAG/Girls Levels 1-10 (nominations closed 11th April)
- 31st July-1st August: NWG In House Competition
- 14-15th August 2021: NQ Junior Regionals – WAG/Girls Levels 1-6 – Mackay
- 20-23rd September 2021: Junior State Championships – WAG/Girls Levels 4-6 – Brisbane
- 12-14th November: Tropical Townsville – WAG/Girls Levels 1-10 – Townsville
Details on how to pre-order Club Leotards and Attire can be found on our page on Club Competition Leotards and Attire.
Please see our Parent Portal Club Shop for current stock.
Please note that orders can take up to 7 weeks to fill with express postage so get in early.
Competition Nominations are generally required at least 1 month ahead of competitions however please check the closing dates. Our preference is to know which Competitions your Gymnast is Competing at the start of the term ahead of the term in which the competition resides – ideally 10 weeks.
Competition Wrap Ups
We are Super Excited to have MIPAC back on board supporting our Athletes in 2021. MIPAC were proud sponsors of our Athletes at the 2019 Mareeba Competition.
Thank you to Fast Scaff who in 2021 are supporting our Girls Competition Goals with financial support for our Gym families travel and attendance at a number of regional and state competitions!
We are grateful for the support of 2PH Contracting who in 2021 are again generously sponsoring our Athletes State Championship Competition Journey.
These girls will travel to competitions including Mareba, Mackay, Mackay (Regional Championships), Hughenden and State Championships in Brisbane amongst other local and regional competitions.
2PH have been massive supporters for our families since 2018.
Thank you 2PH Contracting from the kids, their families and club for your support for these athletes and our sport!
Thanks to Barkly Hire for supporting our Level 4 Girls 2021 Competitions. We love the support shown by local businesses for our Athletes!
Looking for information on routines for the kids to practice? Please contact us via email for access.
#nwgcompetition, #nwgcomp, #nwg2019, #nwgcompetitive, NWG Competitions, NWG Comp, #nwgcomp
Mini Movers (walking – 4 years) – Parent Participation
Mini Movers is a fun and structured 30 minute class for children aged approx. 12 months to 4 years who are competent walkers. Spend some quality time with your child exploring fun and challenging circuits using Beams, bars, padded boxes, trampolines and more.
Focused on Educational Activities while developing gross motor skills and coordination.
It is important for Families to arrive just ahead of class please and be ready to enter the floor area at these times. Parent participation is required to assist your child with the class activities.
- Tuesday and Thursday 9:15-9:45am for 1-2.5 year olds,
- Tuesday and Thursday 10:15-10:45am for 2-3.5 year olds,
- Friday 10:00-10:30am for 1-2.5 year olds,
- Saturday 8:40-9:10am for 1-2.5 year olds,
- Saturday 9:20-9:50am and 9:40-10:10am for 2-3.5 years.
What to wear and bring
- Shorts or Tights and a T-Shirt.
- No buckles, belts, skirts or jewellery
- Please bring a water bottle
Jungle Gym at North West Gymnastics.
Sorry, Jungle Gym is currently on hold due to requirements to manage attendance and social distancing.
Want something a little more structured?
Our Baby Gym class is open for Parents and Bubs from 4 months to 1 year. Our Mini Movers Program is perfect for confident walkers (from 1-4 years) with parent participation or for those more independent kids our Early Learners Term program is for 3-5 year olds who are ready to take classes on their own.
Early Learners / Kinder Gym (3 – 5 years)
Early Learners is a structured gymnastics class for children aged 3 – 5 years. With 2 separate classes for 3-4 and 4-5 years. This class is an introductory to gymnastics levels for children who ideally have previous attendance in Mini Movers, or other Baby Gym type classes.
Early Learners focuses on developing the body as well as the mind of very energetic children. Coaches design fun circuits to challenge and develop co-ordination, balance, body awareness, strength as well as developing social skills such as listening, taking turns, being patient.
Mount Isa Teachers have praised us for the positive influences our classes are having on the Kids in School.
Early Learners is the perfect program for development of early coordination, confidence and independence and is a great introduction to competitive or recreational gymnastics.