Here’s a quick guide to help get you started with Zoom.
You don’t need a paid Zoom account to use Zoom.
Use the Links provided on your NWGOnline Subscription Page to open the meeting.
Tips and Tricks
- Please set your Name as your Last Name and your First or First Initial. If your family is participating use the Family (Last Name).
- When you join the Zoom meeting you’ll be placed in a lobby. The Coach will admit you to the meeting once they have verified your subscription so please make sure we can easily identify you from your name.
- It’s ideal if you can join the meeting early to help give us time to do this and so you can test your setting / video and audio.
- When you enter the Meeting you will automatically be muted.
- Position your device so we can see you in your general area.
- Set the view to Speaker View (Top Right Hand Corner -> Gallery View or Speaker View Options)
- If you can it is ideal if you can connect your device to a TV so the kids can clearly see the coach.
- A great idea is to also use a bluetooth speaker so that the kids can hear clearly too.
- To test your audio click the up arrow next to the microphone symbol in the bottom left hand corner and select “Audio Options“.
- Clicking the microphone in the bottom left of the screen will mute or unmute you.
- If you want to switch cameras on your device or change video settings click the up arrow next to the camera icon in the bottom left hand corner.
- Clicking the camera icon will turn your video on or off.
- If you video is slow, you may need to be aware of other devices in the house using internet. We recommend you turn these off.
- Oh and make sure your device is charged well in time for class!
- Make sure a parent or adult is present in ear shot for the duration of the class and that other family members are aware of the video camera.
- Make your area safe before starting class. Move any hard objects away from the class space.
These Links by Zoom can help you with settings:
For enrolments and class bookings please see our Parent Portal.
Birthday Parties can still be requested via our Website