Acro and Tumbling at North West Gymnastics.
Acro and Tumbling are fun and diverse sports focusing on use of the sprung floor area and air floors.
These Gymnastics classes are complimentary to other gymnastics or dance sports.
The perfect option for competitive gymnasts looking for something less demanding in terms of contact time.
North West Gymnastics offers a number of Acro and Tumbling programs for both boys and girls.
- Flips and Tricks Foundations (7 years+): Introduction to Acrobatics and Tumbling. Ideal for dance students to improve their floor and dance specific tumbling skills. Complimentary for levels gymnastics. Incorporates Gymnastics Apparatus including Beam and Bars.
- Flips and Tricks – Intermediate (8 years+): Work to further develop and refine acrobatic tumbling skills including back handsprings, aerials, and saltos. – Ideal for dance students to improve their floor and dance specific tumbling skills. Complimentary for levels gymnastics.
- Flips and Tricks – Advanced (9 years+) – Focuses on advanced skills and connections within tumbling runs. A competitive option for athletes interested in the competitive pathway.
Competitors perform two Voluntary passes of either 5 skills or 8 skills dependent on the division/event they are entering, and perform one pass in Age final or two passes in International final. The passes are performed along a 25 metre sprung/air floor. A tumbling pass demonstrates forward, backward and side-ward hands to feet and feet to feet rotational elements. The elements should be presented showing good control, form, execution and maintenance of tempo.
A spectacular sport for people who want to share the thrill of performing balances, flips and twists with their friends. While other gymnasts might handstand on the bars or beam, acrobats find themselves balancing on their team mate’s feet, hands or shoulders. With roles as tops, middles or bases, there is a place for everyone in Acrobatic Gymnastics.
- Enhances balance, co-ordination and agility
- Develops posture and confident body movement, including the ability to land safely
- Challenges the mind and body to reach new goals
- Builds strength and flexibility for challenge in life
- Is the perfect team based sport for people of all ages and abilities
Give your child the right start in life. Let them experience Sport Acrobatics and share in the joy and challenge of this exciting gymsport.
Acrobatic Gymnastics is an expressive, dynamic and spectacular sport for men and women; combining power and poise, with grace and beauty. This dynamic and spirited sport builds confidence and camaraderie among participants.
Watch Acrobatic Gymnastics on YouTube:
Acrobatics is a beautiful, dynamic and spectacular sport for both men and women. The sport develops courage, strength, stamina, co-ordination, flexibility, jumping abilities, adroitness etc. Sports acrobatics unites its power and poise, with grace and beauty to create an intriguing sport. Acrobats in groups of two, three and four perform routines with the heads, hands and feet of their partners.
Although Sports Acrobatics is the official name of the sport, it is often referred to as acrobatics, acro sports or simply sports acro.
Disciplines of Acrobatic Gymnastics:
Sports acrobatics has five disciplines (as described below): women’s pairs, men’s pairs, mixed pairs, women’s trios and men’s fours.
Women’s Pairs involves two females (one base and one top).
Men’s Pairs includes two males (one base and one top).
Mixed Pairs is comprised of a male (the base) and a female (the top).
Women’s Trios (otherwise known as Women’s Groups) has a female base, female middle and female top.
Men’s Fours (also known as Men’s Groups) utilises four males (base, middle 1, middle 2 and a top).
Annual Student Membership of $70 applies to the above classes.
Enrolments are Essential. Enrol today via our Parent Portal
#nwgacro #nwgtumbling #nwgmountisa #nwgflipsandtricks
For enrolments and class bookings please see our Parent Portal.
Birthday Parties can be requested via our Website