In response to recent Health Alerts we will keep this post updated with changes as they are required.
North West Gymnastics and Families will need to implement a number of controls in our gym including increased cleaning, social distancing and hand sanitising. To do this we need your support.
The following additional changes to class and participation requirements will come into effect from Saturday 21st March.
Classes in some instances will be reduced by 5-10 minutes to:
- Reduce cross over of parents and children from Multiple classes
- Allow coaches time to clean equipment between classes
We are compliant with the requirement to allow 4 square metres per student.
What we are asking of you as parents and our gym family as a whole is to continue to support us by co-operating with the following:
- No Entry to the Gym or Common Areas if you are sick. This includes Parents, Siblings, Gymnasts, Staff and Coaches.
- Our viewing area is now closed for all classes.
- Our Under 5’s programs on hold.
- Our Casual Class attendances are on hold as this does not allow us to effectively manage class numbers. A number of these classes can however be taken as Term options.
- School aged children are to be dropped off and picked up from the foyer. If preferred the children can see you from the door and you can meet them at the ramp.
- If you have traveled overseas or interstate in the last 14 days DO NOT ENTER the gym or associated areas.
- Participants are required to bring their own drinks bottles and sufficient water to last the duration of their class. Our water cooler is isolated until further notice. Water bottles can be purchased for $2 ahead of class start times.
- If you or your children are sick do not come to gym. Advise us if you are going to miss a term based class due to illness via Facebook message or email. We will endeavor to organise a makeup class according to our club policies. Please wait 72 hours from when symptoms pass before attending the gym.
- Please talk with kids on personal distancing and to avoid touching others.
- Teach kids to cough / sneeze into their elbow or a tissue and wash hands regularly.
- Please wash your hands and the hands of those in your care before coming to gym.
We ask that our community respects and supports each other no matter what decisions families are making at this time including respecting our staff.
We are remaining open to support the children’s mental and physical well being by providing them with some consistency and fun in the current situation.
We understand that these measures will cause some inconvenience but we are working to support you and your children during this time and we ask for your support as we work through these dynamic times on a daily basis.
Please look for updates as regulations and advice changes on our social media channels.
Term 2 and 3 Enrolments
We are progressing with Term 2 and Term Enrolments and continue to monitor advice from Government bodies. We appreciate that these are uncertain times.
Term 2 will run from Saturday the 13th June to Friday the 10th July as a 4 week block including the school holidays.
Term 3 will run from Saturday the 11th July to the 20th September.
Did you know that you can opt out of classes with 2 weeks notice?
If we cancel Term Classes we will credit the value of the classes to future terms or other classes.